Hacking FW Update First timer

Sebstar82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, sorry for asking this, i am sure there are many that ask the same.

But I do not understand how the process works for my configuration and i am a bit afraid to do something wrong.

I bought a used PS3 250GB with mmCM 04.76.00 & COBRA 7.20 installed

I would like to know, how to update my current setup. What's the rules? Can i just download any 4.80.1 firmware, install it on top and it will work? Or do i need to take care of where i am coming from, when choosing the firmware?

I'm fairly skilled in these kind of processes, but this is the first time and i am a bit confused.

The goal is of course, to get firmware up to date and to get the right 'spoof'er(?) installed to hide my adress and console ID when playing online :)

Thanks in advance !

Sebstar82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
when your ps3 starts do you get rebug instead of PlayStation or what ever?

When my ps3 starts my best guess is that it loads the Custom FW, but it looks like Playstation ? its PS3 250GB with mmCM 04.76.00 & COBRA 7.20 installed. i think COBRA is Habib.

But what i need to know is what to update to from this setup

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
When my ps3 starts my best guess is that it loads the Custom FW, but it looks like Playstation ? its PS3 250GB with mmCM 04.76.00 & COBRA 7.20 installed. i think COBRA is Habib.

But what i need to know is what to update to from this setup

ive never used Habib.

so i dont want to give wrong info. just wait im sure you'll get help soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol