Suggestion Fuze Studio Emulators

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by BlastedGuy9905, Jun 20, 2017.

1. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    @Clydefrosch @tunip3
    still, try it out on a computer or tablet, you can adjust the screen sizes however you wish, and you can use a mouse but on the switch, if you really wanted touch controls then maybe have a cursor to click like with how menus worked on wii games, and just click whichever of the l or r buttons that is't bound to a button to register werever it's looking as a touch, though I would prefer to play in handheld mode for touchscreen personally, I play ds games on my tablet alot so I'm used to it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

or a wii style cursor that you just press zl or zr(assuming the ds LR buttons are mapped to normal LR on the controller) to register as a touch wherever your cursor is at, and you can see world of goo as an example as to there being on screen cursors

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Here's a thought, make the DS emulator so it uses the Switch screen 90 degrees (vertically) for DS games. *gasp* :yay3ds: :yayswitch:

BlastedGuy9905 likes this.
  3. BlastedGuy9905
    OP

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    The Switch has a touchscreen. Sigh. Well, I guess not if you are playing in docked mode, maybe they could map the right stick to the touchscreen to have a cursor.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I would love that, it would be so cool, I wouldn't even mind having to balance my Switch :P

4. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    no, stick controlled cursors are terrible and the ds needs a lot of quick tapping and stuff.
    the switch has a touchscreen only undocked, but then, the screen would be pretty small with loads of black bars.

also, the turning it 90 degree thing would probably lead to another switch dock for 60 bucks, so be careful what you wish for.

5. BlastedGuy9905
    OP

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    Another Switch dock? TF you talking about?! Turning it 90 degrees would only work in handheld mode...
    Oh yeah, DS doesn't need quick tapping at all. I played more than 30 games, none of them even required quick tapping.
    My opinion: Either use the right joystick, or make Nintendo release a controller that has a touchscreen.

6. MikeDX

MikeDX Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    I was part of the team that produced fuze basic for the pi, linux and other platforms (i even ported it to android).

At some point in the future ill probably be involved in the compiler/runtime for fuze studio and can tell you already that basic emulators will absolutely be possible.

Sadly i don't know a lot at the moment but i will try to keep you guys in the loop ;)

7. BlastedGuy9905
    OP

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    Also, black bars wouldn't be a problem in handheld mode. I just tested it, the DSi XL's screen is almost exactly half of the Switch's.

8. Selver

Selver 13,5,1,14,9,14,7,12,5,19,19

Dec 22, 2015

The Nintendo Switch has resolutions of 1280×720 (undocked) or 1920x1080 (docked). Here's some scaling factors that could be used for each of Nintendo's handheld console families. As you can see, 90 degree rotation doesn't benefit most undocked modes, with possible exception of the original DS series....

GameBoy (GB), GB Pocket, GB Light, GB Color
    GameBoy Advance (GBA), GBA SP, GBA SP+, GB Micro
    DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL
    3DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS, New 3DS XL, 2DS, 2DS XL

Last edited by Selver, Jul 7, 2017 - Reason: fixed some numbers, added side-by-side options
  9. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    unless they ported the games 3ds would not happen but I get adding it just for the sake of rounding it out
    though I could see them porting 3ds games when the 3ds dies but that's highly doubtful as 3ds was successful unlike wii u, it would be nice if they added the ability to bind some buttons to changing screen settings on ds games, 2 buttons for adjust back and forth the size of each screen(see with crystal chronicles on wii with how they did that, it was a ds game), and also having another button for either cycling through view modes of 1 screen or the other and double screen or multiple buttons for each going to a preset, though all these buttons being optional, and hopefully they allow you to use the sl and sr buttons(the l an r of the joy con in single joy con mode) to have some controls bound to when using them in vc

10. BlastedGuy9905
    OP

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    Aaaaand that was exactly what I was saying, after all. I said that putting the Switch vertically would look much better, but I really hope that touchpad controller comes out :3

11. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    just gona drop this shit here
    the wii u game pad before the wii u
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UDraw_GameTablet

12. BlastedGuy9905
    OP

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
  13. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    proccesing power is needed to stream to the tablet though

14. BlastedGuy9905
    OP

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    I'm sure that DS emulation won't get the CPU nor GPU to 100%.

15. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    ya, but then you got the children screaming why can't we have wii u like stuff in our other games

16. BlastedGuy9905
    OP

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    Ya, then you got the "ignore", "mute" and "unwatch" button. Would you rather play and see kids complaining or not play at all?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted