Homebrew Future ideas now that we have kernel exploit - possibility of NDS emulation?

noctis90210

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think most people understand what "emulation" actually is. But that's fine, as he still got his point across. :)
i hope i can edit the title of this thread to "future ideas now that we have kernel exploit possibility of nds "ROM" emulation...

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same reason that it wasn't possible on the DSi is the same reason it won't happen on the 3ds; the SD card is accessed by ARM9 when most NDS games run on the ARM7, the bottleneck created by transferring the data from ARM9 to ARM7 would slow it down terribly. Keep in mind I read this probably half a year ago and might not remember most of it properly but the jist is there

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
problem is dsmode acts like the first ds and the first ds had no sd so yeah dsmode as no sdcard access unless the sds in the flashcard itsself

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TBH, if you wanted an all in one thing, you could just buy a Gateway or Sky3DS. (So long as we trust you won't do illegal stuff with it :) )
I can see how you could be compleatly just in the grey area with a Gateway but how the fuck could you not do illegal things on a Sky3DS? It's only purpose is to pirate 3DS games, nothing more.

Last edited by hobbledehoy899,

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway I can see how you could be compleatly just in the grey area but the fuck could you not do illegal things on a Sky3DS of all things? It's only purpose is to pirate 3DS games, noting more.
Well, you could use it to store an extra mSD if you don't have anywhere to put it. ;)
JKJK everyone who has CFW access or flashcards pirates with them and there's nobody that can convince otherwise.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for double posting i though t it ws lagging out and not posting it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But then what's the point of even having a flash card if you're still just going to buy the games?
so you can get 2 of same game for pokemon to trade etc or just so you don't lose all your games if some thing bad happens

Reactions: Deleted-236924

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing DS games to open them from the Home menu whould've nice tbh
The same reason that it wasn't possible on the DSi is the same reason it won't happen on the 3ds; the SD card is accessed by ARM9 when most NDS games run on the ARM7, the bottleneck created by transferring the data from ARM9 to ARM7 would slow it down terribly. Keep in mind I read this probably half a year ago and might not remember most of it properly but the jist is there
(This isn't directed at you but everyone since it seems this was ignored earlier)

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
JKJK everyone who has CFW access or flashcards pirates with them and there's nobody that can convince otherwise.
I don't. I own a DSTWO which I use to play SNES games, all of which I own on carts. I am looking forward to downgrading from 10.3 to 9.2 so I can use CFW just out of interest and to use emunand to protect my access to homebrew, but all my 3DS games are on cart too. I have no need for, or interest in, piracy. I like to buy my games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh