Fusee vs Hekate

Mr_P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All, a noob type question here:

• Using a switch with 13.0 and AMS 1.1.1 and normally use Tegra to boot with the hekate 5.6.3.bin file that is in the latest release.
  • I use the emuMMC boot option to keep everything on the SD
  • I have incognito setup and the emuMMC text file too (not 90dns yet)
I Just wanted to know if there could be any potential issues down the line:

So the issue is when installing .nsp files with gold leaf (latest version) some titles install without issue and other throw an error with "invalid nca" after. I then read on a forum here and returned to payload and chose fusee.bin and the titles install fine.
So a few questions just for me to better understand now and save problems later:

1 - Whats the difference between me booting with hekate and trying or then having to go back and choose the fusee payload?
2 - Is there something missing on my SD that would save that issue going forward?
3 - Are there any potential issues with the security / ban risk to the console for not using the right option or having the relevant patches/files etc?

thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All, a noob type question here:

• Using a switch with 13.0 and AMS 1.1.1 and normally use Tegra to boot with the hekate 5.6.3.bin file that is in the latest release.
  • I use the emuMMC boot option to keep everything on the SD
  • I have incognito setup and the emuMMC text file too (not 90dns yet)
I Just wanted to know if there could be any potential issues down the line:

So the issue is when installing .nsp files with gold leaf (latest version) some titles install without issue and other throw an error with "invalid nca" after. I then read on a forum here and returned to payload and chose fusee.bin and the titles install fine.
So a few questions just for me to better understand now and save problems later:

1 - Whats the difference between me booting with hekate and trying or then having to go back and choose the fusee payload?
2 - Is there something missing on my SD that would save that issue going forward?
3 - Are there any potential issues with the security / ban risk to the console for not using the right option or having the relevant patches/files etc?

thanks
  1. Hekate boots Atmosphere faster than Fusee and allows for much further customization than fusee could ever dream of. Fusee and Hekate also use 2 different sets of patches
  2. You are most likely missing the fully updated patches
  3. There are no issues like that aside from games not being able to install or launch properly

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
  1. Hekate boots Atmosphere faster than Fusee and allows for much further customization than fusee could ever dream of. Fusee and Hekate also use 2 different sets of patches
  2. You are most likely missing the fully updated patches
  3. There are no issues like that aside from games not being able to install or launch properly
Hekate and fusee are using the exactly same sigpatches, it was all explained here
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/tag/12.1.0-0.19.5-r2

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How do they use the same patches when there's literally a link for each lol
Did you read that link? Because it certainly seems like you didn't.

Now that tinfoil does not block Hekate patches fusee.zip is an exact copy of hekate.zip. This is done to prevent Hekate users from grabbing fusee.zip then bugging support the world over.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg