Fusee - Launcher Released

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Natehaxx, Apr 23, 2018.

1. karloz25

karloz25 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    hey polo, so the scene brings us back together again, lol

djp-AKA-bionic likes this.
  2. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    It's literally 2 pins
    A cave man could short the pins with his big toes

Last edited by yardie, Apr 23, 2018
  3. Mnecraft368

Mnecraft368 I hate my name.

Aug 8, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Proof pl0x

All jokes aside, I probably will end up doing it anyway.
    Nintendo wont help me fix due to the amount of people who will be requesting support with bent joycon rail pins :P

4. djp-AKA-bionic

djp-AKA-bionic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    im going to use a little switch i had laying around from an old "led package tester", will fit nice and drill easy through the joycon, when need to short, simply hold the button in while booting, then let the button go for normal operation. I will post a diagram later

5. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Why would you do something like this when this is something you'll have to do just once?

Last edited by yardie, Apr 24, 2018
  6. djp-AKA-bionic

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    you would need to do it every time you boot into your cfw (from the sd), which first needs to be launched through a payload through fusee. This is basically tethered..

this is where i still see the need for xecuters modchip, im assuming it will have bootup mode options, stock or cfw from sd, without the need of a pc to tell it what to do or send the payload, as it will read from their chip.

7. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Oh this is nowhere close to ready for end users then.

8. djp-AKA-bionic

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    nope, i for sure see the need for a modchip now. everyone doesn't know what they are talking about assuming this is all team xecuter is coming to the table with :)

9. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    I hope they come out with cfw and all.

10. leerpsp

leerpsp GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    replaying to let every one know that my usb type C adapter (made for the google pixel 2 xl) pluged into my amazon fire stick micro usb cable works with the Nintendo switch just fine on charging.
    Also works on pc as well switch shows up in windows so i know it works.

Absintu likes this.
  11. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I'm very confused...

The FailOverflow release says pin 10 and 9 doesn't work
    I have a good amount of yellow buttons in different sizes with gameboy like style, I could actually solder a clip and a spring and glue somewhere on my joy-cons very easily, but why does Fusee Gelee is pin 9 and 10 and FailOverflow says it doesn't work for their release?

Is there different Recovery Mods or what?

Last edited by guily6669, Apr 24, 2018
  12. LoneFlo

LoneFlo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2015
    France
    -deleted-

Last edited by LoneFlo, Apr 24, 2018
  13. Scoreless Pine

Scoreless Pine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    After some testing with materials, I was finally able to short pin 10 with 0 using a rolled up sticky note to hold it down. Held vol up and booted into RCM, ran the payload and got all the way to "Launch Complete!" but no display on my system screen, has this happened to anyone else? I've checked and double checked all my files are correct and I'm using the fusee.bin payload that ktemkin uploaded on twitter. It seems like it's all working on the computer side of things, I just don't get why I'm not seeing the end result on my system itself.

14. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Man, the scene is on fire! The source for the HBL was just released too.

leerpsp likes this.
  15. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    put up a link cracker

leerpsp likes this.
  16. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
  17. DocAmes1980
    This message by DocAmes1980 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 24, 2018, Reason: Let's not do this.
    Apr 24, 2018
  18. Scoreless Pine
    This message by Scoreless Pine has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 24, 2018, Reason: Let's not do this.
    Apr 24, 2018
  19. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    If you mean whiny kids and spouses who just want to easily play games then no it's not ready and possibly won't be for months. Then it will depend on if you want to buy a mod chip and open your switch up to fit it.

If you can teach them to plug in a usb modchip when they cold boot it and more importantly not lose the usb modchip, then you can avoid opening it up.

I expect there will be a usb modchip and joycon dongle released soon enough.

Last edited by smf, Apr 24, 2018
    cracker likes this.
  20. Scoreless Pine

Scoreless Pine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    Ok I keep seeing people talk about how the modchip is required for every boot, or how this is a tethered exploit because you need the computer to load it and so on, but there's one thing I don't get. Isn't this exploit meant to install the payload to the system's bootrom, thereby making it no longer necessary to use the exploit again afterwards? From what I've heard, it acts virtually identically to the 3ds's NTRBoot exploit, where once it installs the boot9strap (or in the switches case, Atmosphere) its installed for good. Am I wrong here, or are so many people misunderstanding the exploit?

21. sarkwalvein
    This message by sarkwalvein has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 24, 2018, Reason: Let's not do this.
    Apr 24, 2018
  22. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    *snip offtopic*

Anyway, does anyone have a video of the pin shorting yet? Just curious to see exploit in action instead of just pics.

Last edited by porkiewpyne, Apr 24, 2018
    Quantumcat likes this.
  23. Quantumcat
    This message by Quantumcat has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 24, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Apr 24, 2018
  24. Samus20XX
    This message by Samus20XX has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 24, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Apr 24, 2018
  25. salvatore

salvatore GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2013
    Italy
    what to do now with NSW 1.0.0 and Puyo Puyo Jap? :S