Hardware Misc Fuse wii and wiiu?

Steelmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the vwii on the wiiu is amazing but a few short falls, mainly the lack of GameCube port support. So the question is instead of having both consoles and switching between them would it be possible to splice them together so that vwii uses actual wii hardware? This sounds dumb I know it is just curious if it would be possible.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U motherboard has no unpopular spots for the GameCube ports.

Best you can do is use a GameCube controller adapter and use the memory card emulation in Nintendont or Devolution.

Reactions: SDIO

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Do you mean separating the hardware in two?

If so that isn't feasible, the Wii mode CPU is just the Wii U CPU set back to what it would be on the Wii, one core and slower. The GX block (the Hollywood) is on the same package as the rest of the Latte as well, even if technically separate hardware from the Radeon like GPU.

There is also the problem in that the Video Interface is emulated, so other parts of that hardware including the DMCU is needed to be able to output the Wii mode image. The boot process of the system may also come off as another inconvenient.

If you want proper GameCube ports for titles that support GameCube controlles, getting an original Wii model with them may be a better idea. But what could be done I guess it's try to patch games that supported it to use and accept the USB adapter, albeit if taking more work and being more complex too.

Last edited by Clector,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.