Funny Modchip Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by timishu, Mar 12, 2009.

Mar 12, 2009

Funny Modchip Problem by timishu at 3:04 AM (556 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. timishu
    OP

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I recently downgraded to 3.2 and I am loving it, and I am now looking into install DVDX and MPLayer. Here's the thing, I had my Wii sent into a professional modchip store, where they installed my Pro Chip, with a USB programmer. They also made it very clear to always eject the DVD/Game when I am done playing. No big deal, however, because I chose to get the Pro Chip, it always tries to boot the disc through Disc Channel, legitimate or not. If it's no good, I get a black screen saying, "Error Occurred. Eject Disc and Call Nintendo blah blah blah." What I am concerned about is I will install DVDX, put in a disc and it will repeat the same exact thing. If I install DVDX, will it take care of the error screen? Would i get a disc could not be read screen on the disc channel instead? Would it......like, work?

I know this is a lot of information, and believe me this is probably my longest post ever, but I really want to clear this up. Thanks.

2. fogbank

Member fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No. You are getting the error because the Wii cannot read the game disc (bad burn, bad media, bad dump, etc...). Installing DVDx will not change that.

3. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    The modchip may be perhaps set to always autoboot any disc.

Only way to fix it would be to reflash the chip, get a new chip, or remove the chip.