Funko acquires rights to make Pokemon Pop figures, Pikachu Pop coming later this month

pikachu-pokemon-funko-pop-656x379.jpg

Funko is a manufacturer who specializes in creating merchandise for a multitude of pop culture genres, ranging from video games, TV, anime, and more. Their most notable product is the Funko Pop, a 'deformed' style of character figures. Some may call these horrifying monstrosities, while others buy them in droves. Funko has acquired the rights to many game series, from Kingdom Hearts to Fallout, and as of today, they've signed a new license with a major IP: Pokemon. Pokemon Funko Pop figures will be flooding store shelves later this year, starting with the iconic Pikachu. For those in the US, the Pikachu Pop will be a Target exclusive, and will be going on sale later this month.

:arrow: Source

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't mind collectables at all, but these things... Ugh. They all look so dead and terrible. I don't even mind chibi-looking things, nendoroids can be cute, but the soulless eyes immediately ruin anything funko pop touches.

Reactions: DarthDub

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they arent too expensive, like about 3-5 times less than amiibo
Then i might start a collection
I have some amiibo but not a collection
Unlike my former teacher who had only one missing amiibo
The plush yoshi one

I dont have much money so...
Cant really buy expansives figurines to make a collection ^^''

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jokes aside, I'm pretty neutral to this.
You know how they could make a shit load of money?
Make Funko Pop Pokemon Amiibo's. One for each Pokemon, that can store the data of the corresponding Pokemon in the game (with its moveset, level, etc), which is also compatible with a Skylander style "Stadium" base that acts as the next gen Pokemon Stadium game.

It will print money, I tells you.
Kind of surprise that they haven't Amiibo almost every collectable item like this. Then again, that would raised the price of them.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But the plush Yoshi exist in multiple colours and a true collector of course needs one of every colour ;)
iirc, the one missing was the green one...
I think thats what he said
When he was searching for it, it was always priced as "out of stock"

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, since @Foxi4 deleted my post, I'll have to tell you what it was
It was a picture of Uhcakip, from Pokemon.EXE , a creepypasta about Pikachu :P

Seriously, it was much much alike to that figurine

Last edited by Noctosphere,

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If they make a Lotad I'll be sure to get it. Let us hope that the rest of these series won't be so dead-looking.

I also saw a rumour that the Super Mario and Zelda series may get funkos as well... Lets hope they don't. >_<

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that weight ideal craze with Pikachu finally went to far. That Pikachu clearly is anorexic! Look how underdeveloped his body is :cry:
Stop it Pikachu! We all already loved you while you where a tiny bit over overweight and you can't tell me that you where discomfortable with it since you always seemd so happy in life...

Also what's that with this strange head shape? (Now with Pikachu ear antennas)
stock-photo-old-radio-isolated-on-white-background-style-ies-of-the-th-century-548967079.jpg
These are signs of self harm. Look at Robin Williams. He always looked so happy, yet he was the opposite. So much that he took his own life. Is there a Pokemon suicide hotline? Maybe baulbasaur can cheer him up.

Reactions: VitaType

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no... Now I have to look at even more of these little ugly things? Have you any idea how many Pokemon there are? (I don't honestly think they'd make them all lol)

I personally don't appreciate them but can't deny their popularity and don't doubt how it will increase with Pokemon in the line up. A slam dunk of a deal, for sure.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh no... Now I have to look at even more of these little ugly things? Have you any idea how many Pokemon there are? (I don't honestly think they'd make them all lol)

I personally don't appreciate them but can't deny their popularity and don't doubt how it will increase with Pokemon in the line up. A slam dunk of a deal, for sure.
I dont think there will be all pokemon available in a single market
I think most of the most popular pokemon are gonna hit shelves
While the others are gonna be sold online

But that's just what I think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1