Hacking FULLY BRICKED WII

D3C0D3R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so this maybe stupid, and this may have already been answered but i have looked around and cant find an answer! I have somehow fully bricked my wii, (installed the cIOS er w/e like three times, then preloader 0.29. Now, i have the option of booting into PRELOADER or booting the HEALTH screen at the beginning. IF i go with the health screen, when i press A, it will boot to "The Wii system files are corrupt, please see the Operations Manual for technical support"... which is really useless. But when i booth PRELOADER, i try choosing the HOMEREW CHANNEL or SYSTEM MENU, and it says that they may not exist. Also, in the preloader, it says UPDATE, but when i click it, it stays on retrieving data or something for like 6 hours, when it finally loads a file to run, it says that i dont have the bug on me wii...
So plz help, if im in the wrong section then plz redirect me XD
I have bootmii (cant access), the HBC (cant access), preloader, and cIOS38...
is there anyway to UNBRICK this??
BTW i do not have a mod chip of any kind. only a 2GB+ SD card
frown.gif

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
let preloader load a different IOS and maybe it's a good thing to read all those preloader guides and threads. "The Wii system files are corrupt" massage most guys get is after they installed preloader without fully understaning on how to use it and it's options

why can't you acess bootmii? is it installed as ios

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the old preloader that trys to go to the oldhomebrew channel as for bootmii do you have the bootmii folders on your sd card.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yourshadow said:
why dont you load the dol of the newest priiloader en reinstall(dont delete, just install).. i think that will solve it all..
+1

that will work perfectly

@OP, preloader v0.29 launches the old HAXX HBC, it also requires a properly patched system menu IOS (if missing this u will get the system files corrupted message). The new priiloader will launch either the new JODI HBC or the old one and it also does not require the system menu IOS to be patched

2 solutions (I recommend the first one)

1) install priiloader (just save the *.dol to the root of the sd card and load it using your current priiloader)

2) if u prefer preloader over priiloader, launch wad manager (same way as launching priiloader above) and install a patched system menu IOS and the HAXX to JODI forwarder channel

fyi, there are other files u can install to priiloader to launch anything even in the state u r in (ie. bootmii booter can boot 2 bootmii, crazy intro video can be set up to launch any channel, wiihome etc.)

D3C0D3R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yourshadow said:
why dont you load the dol of the newest priiloader en reinstall(dont delete, just install).. i think that will solve it all..
I would do that, but the issue is I can't get to bootmii, so I can't even install a new preloader, when I click update in preloader, it take like 7 hours to load, so when it finally loads, I install, but it just f's up and says that there was no fixerror bug er somethiing!
frown.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can't update online, preloader has been discontinued and replaced by priiloader, so while it shows there is an update available, u have to go online and download priiloader to get it... update via the wii is broken (and its not even an option in priiloader)

see my post above for how to install the new priiloader

D3C0D3R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D3C0D3R said:
Yourshadow said:
I would do that, but the issue is I can't get to bootmii, so I can't even install a new preloader, when I click update in preloader, it take like 7 hours to load, so when it finally loads, I install, but it just f's up and says that there was no fixerror bug er somethiing!
frown.gif
Ok so ill just like google priloader? Or do u have a link?
Kk ill try this in like 4 hours, gott a get outta school first XD

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i fixed this same problem some days ago for my customer.

choose to launch the system menu but hold all 4 corners of the dpad on a gamecube controller.
like in this movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IpE4EdvgqQ

it shows the version number you have, then just insert a game and the wii updates the system menu to original again
smile.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lenselijer said:
i fixed this same problem some days ago for my customer.

choose to launch the system menu but hold all 4 corners of the dpad on a gamecube controller.
like in this movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IpE4EdvgqQ

it shows the version number you have, then just insert a game and the wii updates the system menu to original again
smile.gif
I don't think that he's got a themebrick, probably a bannerbrick. In that case, SaveMiiFrii won't help him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Could you imagine if these abortion activist said that sperm was a life, and you could not destroy or eat.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Is swallowing considered cannibalism?
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: by their standards, yes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got a couple free tickets the Memorial Golf tournament here in Dublin Ohio close to me, and I hate golf, so I asked couple neighbors if they wanted them, and 2 dif neighbors have started a bidding war, they are up to $75 for both so far, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just can't get into golf, boring to me. I'd rather go drown some worms.
    +1
    $75.01 :teach:
    +1
    Take whatever for them, playing golf is fun.... Watching golf at home is relaxing, watching golf in person? Why ...
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho.... +2