FULLY BRICKED WII

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by D3C0D3R, Mar 11, 2010.

Mar 11, 2010

FULLY BRICKED WII by D3C0D3R at 1:01 PM (1,570 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. D3C0D3R
    OP

Newcomer D3C0D3R Newbie

Canada
    Hey, so this maybe stupid, and this may have already been answered but i have looked around and cant find an answer! I have somehow fully bricked my wii, (installed the cIOS er w/e like three times, then preloader 0.29. Now, i have the option of booting into PRELOADER or booting the HEALTH screen at the beginning. IF i go with the health screen, when i press A, it will boot to "The Wii system files are corrupt, please see the Operations Manual for technical support"... which is really useless. But when i booth PRELOADER, i try choosing the HOMEREW CHANNEL or SYSTEM MENU, and it says that they may not exist. Also, in the preloader, it says UPDATE, but when i click it, it stays on retrieving data or something for like 6 hours, when it finally loads a file to run, it says that i dont have the bug on me wii...
    So plz help, if im in the wrong section then plz redirect me XD
    I have bootmii (cant access), the HBC (cant access), preloader, and cIOS38...
    is there anyway to UNBRICK this??
    BTW i do not have a mod chip of any kind. only a 2GB+ SD card [​IMG]

2. happydance

Member happydance GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    let preloader load a different IOS and maybe it's a good thing to read all those preloader guides and threads. "The Wii system files are corrupt" massage most guys get is after they installed preloader without fully understaning on how to use it and it's options

why can't you acess bootmii? is it installed as ios

3. muck chucker

Member muck chucker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    sounds like the old preloader that trys to go to the oldhomebrew channel as for bootmii do you have the bootmii folders on your sd card.

4. Yourshadow

Newcomer Yourshadow Member

Netherlands
    why dont you load the dol of the newest priiloader en reinstall(dont delete, just install).. i think that will solve it all..

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    +1

that will work perfectly

@OP, preloader v0.29 launches the old HAXX HBC, it also requires a properly patched system menu IOS (if missing this u will get the system files corrupted message). The new priiloader will launch either the new JODI HBC or the old one and it also does not require the system menu IOS to be patched

2 solutions (I recommend the first one)

1) install priiloader (just save the *.dol to the root of the sd card and load it using your current priiloader)

2) if u prefer preloader over priiloader, launch wad manager (same way as launching priiloader above) and install a patched system menu IOS and the HAXX to JODI forwarder channel

fyi, there are other files u can install to priiloader to launch anything even in the state u r in (ie. bootmii booter can boot 2 bootmii, crazy intro video can be set up to launch any channel, wiihome etc.)

6. D3C0D3R
    OP

Newcomer D3C0D3R Newbie

Canada
    I would do that, but the issue is I can't get to bootmii, so I can't even install a new preloader, when I click update in preloader, it take like 7 hours to load, so when it finally loads, I install, but it just f's up and says that there was no fixerror bug er somethiing! [​IMG]

7. XFlak

Canada
    u can't update online, preloader has been discontinued and replaced by priiloader, so while it shows there is an update available, u have to go online and download priiloader to get it... update via the wii is broken (and its not even an option in priiloader)

see my post above for how to install the new priiloader

8. D3C0D3R
    OP

Newcomer D3C0D3R Newbie

Canada
    Ok so ill just like google priloader? Or do u have a link?
    Kk ill try this in like 4 hours, gott a get outta school first XD

9. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    i fixed this same problem some days ago for my customer.

choose to launch the system menu but hold all 4 corners of the dpad on a gamecube controller.
    like in this movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IpE4EdvgqQ

it shows the version number you have, then just insert a game and the wii updates the system menu to original again [​IMG]

10. Yourshadow

Newcomer Yourshadow Member

Netherlands
  11. XFlak

Canada
    my priiloader package is HERE... u should seriously check it out!

official priiloader page is HERE

unofficial priiloader r73 release (untested by me) (http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/03/priiloader-rev73.html)

12. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    I don't think that he's got a themebrick, probably a bannerbrick. In that case, SaveMiiFrii won't help him.

13. D3C0D3R
    OP

Newcomer D3C0D3R Newbie

Canada
    Ahah thx bro [​IMG]
    Ill check it out soon
    And yah, it isn't the SM that's broken, its the wrong preloader, I was following an outdated guide [​IMG] XD

14. D3C0D3R
    OP

Newcomer D3C0D3R Newbie

Canada
    ahah got back from school, just did it in a couple seconds! thx so much bro! +infinite rep :{D