Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys

My Wii bricked on November. It was working at my home, but suddenly, it stopped to work - just when i took it to my cousin's house.

Now, I see that the Wii's hack scene is very advanced... Maybe I can find a solution.

The symptoms from my Wii are:
- Black screen when i turn it on. TV detects when I turn it on, but i only got a black screen.
- Sensor bar didnt turn on (I discovered it pointing my camera to it)
- Can eject disks and make some noise, like reading the disks, but nothing happen.
- Can be turned off only holding power button for a few seconds.
- the WiiRemote lights blinks, like cant found wii.

I took my wii to a repair house (on december), and they said that my wii was fully bricked, nothing was broken inside.
I tried boot it pressing the Up, down, right and left from a GC controller on port 4, but nothing happen. I believe that something happened during the transportation from my house to my cousin's house. What could be? Wifi broken? I need some ideas
biggrin.gif

A video, with the problem, and trying to make SaveMiiFrii works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab71UY5MKE

Thanks!

mercantigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Tks for your fast reply.

If BT module is broken, can i still have blank screens with no texts with the SaveMiiFrii trick?
Can i buy the Wifi Module separately? Where?

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Symptom : Low level Brick.

Cause :
Software failure : SystemMenu IOS (60 on 4.0) or Systeme Menu deleted. But I guess you've done nothing to your wii ?
Hardware failure : bluetooth module down.

mercantigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
hackotedelaplaque said:
Symptom : Low level Brick.

Cause :
Software failure : SystemMenu IOS (60 on 4.0) or Systeme Menu deleted. But I guess you've done nothing to your wii ?
Hardware failure : bluetooth module down.

No, it was running ok a day before. The only weird problem that i figured out was this error, when playing Mario Kart: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82266&hl=

Its a NTSC-J wii, but all games was working with WBB. Its a 3.2J firmware.
Can the BT module is down even if I got no messages with the Up+Down+Left+Right GC trick?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mercantigo said:
Can the BT module is down even if I got no messages with the Up+Down+Left+Right GC trick?
Are you doing it correctly? It should be in the 4th gamecube controller slot and you have to open the controller and remove something to force the 4 directions to stay down.

mercantigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
tj_cool said:
mercantigo said:
Are you doing it correctly? It should be in the 4th gamecube controller slot and you have to open the controller and remove something to force the 4 directions to stay down.

Yeah.. I just uploaded the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab71UY5MKE

Am i doing it right?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Savemiifrii should work without a bluetooth module.

It looks like you're doing the savemiifrii technique properly - so that would suggest wifi module failure.

(see branch D -> http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html)

It'd be worth trying to re-seat it in case it has shaken loose.

Dealextreme sell the replacement bluetooth modules -> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16026

Is there a reason you haven't just sent it to Nintendo for repair? They're usually pretty reasonable.

mercantigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
SenorClean said:
Is there a reason you haven't just sent it to Nintendo for repair? They're usually pretty reasonable.

Thanks for your reply, SenorClean. Should I open Wii and check if something inside had disconnected? is there a way to re-seat the Wifi Module easily? It is soldered on the board?
My Wii is a NTSC-J, I bought it on Japan. When I called to Lamatel (Nintendo's representatives in Brazil) they said me that they dont work with the NTSC-J.

QUOTE(Alexrose @ Apr 27 2009, 12:18 AM) In that other linked thread he said his games were trucha'd and that was april last year so I guess he has a chip.

Yeah, my games are all trucha signed. My modchip is a wiikey
smile.gif

mercantigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I will try disassembly it tomorrow (I need to buy the screwdrivers)
Where can I find the Wifi module, if I need to replace it?
Its not a NAND related issue, right? Since I can eject and put discs...

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this same exact brick problem too. Except mine is NTSC U, and unchipped. I can turn the console on with the Wiimote, so can it still be the BT module if that's the case?

I have preloader installed but all I get is a black screen upon bootup.\

Also, the SaveMiiFrii doesn't work for me. I'm thinking about sending this to a 3rd party to fix..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn