Hacking Fullmetal Alchemist PSP models

EnvyTheJealous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello. I've been trying to get some models out of a PSP game Fullmetal Alchemist - Yakusoku no Hi e, I managed to open up the data folder but the models are in formats that Noesis refuses to open.

I get these file types:

-ANMP
-MDL
-PIX
-SOP
-TBL

fukukuku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.anmp - probably data related to animations
.mdl - probably model (and mesh?) info
.pix - seem to have .gim file compressed from what im seeing, but .pix should have something to do with textures in general
.tbl - used for scripts and in-game text from what i know

these other than the knowledge on the .tbl files are what i gathered from putting some files of those types into hex editors and looking for any compression that may have taken place. i came to a lot of dead ends trying to search the file types on hacking sites and the like, so take what i say with a grain of salt...

what i'm thinking is that the models may be compressed in one of these and will need to be extracted somehow before they can be read by a program, but thats really just a hunch. maybe i just spat a buncha nonsense right now too ? :wacko:eitherway good luck trying to get those models :D
Post automatically merged:

i looked into the .pix files a bit more and they are indeed textures for models.

for example P025.pix contains textures for Envy's model and im assuming all the other .pix files in the "Player" category of files contain textures for player/enemy characters. i was able to convert it from .pix to .gim to a viewable .png file too.

still not sure about all the other file types, though

Last edited by fukukuku,

fukukuku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't heard anything from OP but i could try to figure out all the files again if i get the time to...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts