Fullbrick! O cruel fate!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Meowayne, Mar 4, 2010.

Mar 4, 2010

Fullbrick! O cruel fate! by Meowayne at 8:58 PM (1,417 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Meowayne
    OP

Member Meowayne GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Fully-full ios60 fullbrick beyond any recovery measures including SaveMii, and just because I lightheadedly thought I could make the shop channel work again without checking the interwebs first.

[​IMG] O well! Its only €70 wasted!

I'll send it to Nintendo Repair tomorrow and just hope I get it back in time for Red Steel 2.

What a bummer. Can I have your sympathies? I need to wallow in self-pity for a while.

2. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Do your have Bootmii on boot2 on it?

EDIT: Pics gone

3. urherenow

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I would say that the picture above is uncalled for, but the original post doesn't belong in this forum anyway.This is the Wii hacking forum, not the sympathy forum.

Even if it were... how can we have sympathy for someone who breaks thier stuff because they are too LAZY to ask for help (which WOULD have belonged in this forum) or read directions?

rhetorical question. Don't answer. Just please lock the thread if you're a mod.

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    For future reference, IOS60 doesn't have anything to do with the shop channel. You just needed to install IOS61 and/or v18 of the channel.

5. john1010_ma

Member john1010_ma GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    @linuxares - you do not have to be so rude. In case some of you don't know, the OP is a valued contributor in other sections of Wii hacking. I personally have benefited from his Youtube translation of Zangeki no Regeliev.

I am so sorry to hear of your plight Meowayne. Hope you recover from any emotional ordeal this has caused.

6. luisfhb

Newcomer luisfhb Member

Brazil
    before getting yourself a brick keep in mind that you're gonna lose all your save games! not just €70

7. abfullbr

Newcomer abfullbr Member

Brazil
    Good lucky man. :|

8. TyrianCubed

Member TyrianCubed Gamer 1989 to present

Italy
    I'm sorry for your loss mate, I guess you've learnt your lesson and be more careful in the future. Cheer up [​IMG]

9. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Awwwwwwwwww...what a bummer. [​IMG] I feel your pain, man. I wouldn't want to lose my wii to a vicious brick either.

*gives some cheering-upishness, a decent pat on the shoulders, and - if you think it'd help feel better - a decent hug as well*

I'm afraid there is some more bad news, though...your wii may have cost only 70 bucks, but if you meddled with homebrew, there's a chance nintendo finds out and charges you for the repairs (or is that the 70 bucks you're refering to?).

Anyway...better luck next time. Experiences like these tend to help out in being carefull in future situations. [​IMG]