OP EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China
  2. EZ-Flash2

China
  3. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    That is so cool of you. Thank you for releasing sources of old flashcarts :D

CheatFreak47 likes this.
  4. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Very interesting to look through.... did this use codewarrior for gba?

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Very nice. Wonder if we could get a post XP client going on, or maybe even better something like FAS1 for the EZ3.

slaphappygamer, Minox and migles like this.
  6. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

China
    nice!
    will you release the windows patcher for the ez iv source code as well?
    people tried to make alternate versions IIRC that also work in linux, or at least works in the machines the official tool didn't work, but i remember seing\reading they couldn't figure out some parts of the patches

7. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™
    Former Staff

Australia
    Ooh. This is a blast from the past! I did the original GBAtemp review for the EZ3. Fantastic cart. I still have it around, but I think the battery might be dead. The client doesn’t work on anything past Windows XP, so it’s be pretty cool if someone with the skills could get it to work.

Also, while I’m here. Do you know what type of battery the EZ3 takes? I might be able to order a replacement online.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  8. EZ-Flash2

China
    try a cr2032

9. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I was looking for an “original type” battery. I found a Panasonic VL2020. It’s a rechargable battery for a BMW key fob. Fits well, but still “battery dry on first run”. I thought the cr2032 would be too thick. I’ll try that battery today. Thanks for the recommendation.

10. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--

Germany
    the most simple answer would be to desolder the battery and check the writing on the battery. if that fails, you could still measure it. The first two numerical digits of the battery is the diameter in mm, the second two digits the height in X.X mm.

a CR2032 is 20mm (2cm) in diameter and 3.2mm in height.

11. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Thanks for providing the full source of the EZ-Flash III kernel. It's been very informative about a few things given the strong evidence that the EZ4 is based on the EZ3. Among other things, I confirmed that the filename limit seems to have been inhereted from savermanager.cpp's FormatSaverName using a 54 character buffer. Also, I strongly suspected some sort of checksum or hash was being used to remove redundantly writing saves to the memory card and here I find md5 was used for saves with similar logic. Also, I'm not sure if there's any concern but the xcode's blowfish key is included. Since the ez_kernel for omega presumably includes more up-to-date information on rom patching, I presume it doesn't concern you?

Out of serious curiosity, what's the intended license for all this source code? Can I pull out minesweep and rerelease it as a standalone game if I wanted?

12. matpower

matpower The Mad Scientist

Brazil
    The lack of license is a bit of an issue if anyone plans on using that code. At least it helps with reimplementing things if needed.
    I would recommend BSD or similar if you don't want to bother too much, otherwise, GPL might be good for keeping the contributions and forks available for all.

13. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Does this include the full source code to the patches and patching code used to support running DS games from the GBA slot? Because if so it could be quite helpful to the TWLoader/nds-bootstrap project. If not could that be added/released as well?

14. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    Great to see code alive in spite of its age.

15. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    Thank goodness, their buggy ez-writer software SUCKS.

16. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thank you very much @EZ-Flash2 ! We really appreciate you going in the direction of open source.

If it's not too much trouble, could you also release the source for the EZ-Flash Vi, the cart for DSi? I believe you guys aren't selling that cart anymore, and I don't think anyone will try to copy it, since it doesn't work on most 3DS consoles. If you guys could release that as well, someone might be able to port ntrboot to it and maybe try to update it.

I hope that's not too much trouble, and thanks again for the EZ-Flash III files :)

Jayro likes this.
  17. EZ-Flash2

China
    License updated to Apache 2.0

Jayro, matpower and slaphappygamer like this.
  18. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Addict

United States
    So the ezflashIII doesn’t rely on a rechargeable battery? I fit in a cr1220 and it seems to run just fine. I’m goong to get a cr2016 as it’d be a more original fit. These cards originally came with a rechargeable vl2020. Also the ezflashiv has a vl2020, it seems.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - source, codes, FLASH