Hacking full bricked wii without keys

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
harsh way off putting it but suppose there is some truth in there, especiialy as i have just seen the sentence "P has 2 possible connections, but I prefer connecting it to where T, O, and Q are connected in row"

All i can do is appoligise and hope your still there to give advice (that isnt on the tutorial)

Thanks Danny

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have got the chip installed and the software installed, Xavbox detects the infectus chip but when i click open i get "Error during infectus reset". i have googled the error message and been to the infectus forums but cannot find out an answer

Here is a pic of the infectus programmer and it is showing a red light!! is this normal?
DSC01375.jpg

thanks for any ideas

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i have got a nand backup with bootmii as boot2.

i have read 1000 - 1015, i can erase and erase verify, and write the data back but it comes up with errors when comparing data.

I have removed all the wiring and re-done as short as possible and have a switch to earth down D0 on startup.

Anything else i could try?

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok looks like im removing the chip then! didnt fancy doing that.

Has anyone tried using an external power supply for the infectus and leaving the chip in the board?

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I removed the chip using a butane soldering iron and have now wired the nand to the infectus using the pins on the tutorial, but it doesnt show where the +ve and 0v are on the nand. Anyone know which pins they are?

thanks

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant erase and erase verify block 3 on my nand, so obviously if i write the new boot2 to blocks 3 & 4 block 3 is different, is there anything i can do?

thanks

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the nand is out and on a pcb connected directly to the infectus.

this is the message i get

Blocs verify from 3 to 4
Bloc not erased 3 page 63

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers mate, i have installed betwiin a few days ago and seems to be running fine.

Is it simply a case of putting my doner nand and keys in the inout folder my key in the output folder and running betwiin?

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have some new chips now, do I have to flash my whole NAND dump to it or is just bootmii enough to get the keys.bin,
just trying to eliminate the long flash time.

Cheers

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so the chips turned up but they dispatched the wrong ones, they where hynix 512mb tsop48 but they where a different model, new ones arriving tomorow.

The nand.bin i am going to use to flash blocks 0-7 was made using bootmii, is this ok to use or does it need hex edditing in any way first?

Thanks
dan

Deeptrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
following this topic from today, nice work woody same pobs here, with a very old wii, this week i will go for trying to get bootmii installed,
i wonder if i read that you have found a dump, are there different dumps ? jap eu kor etc ?

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
holy f&*k its nearly done!!

just booted my wii into bootmii and currently doing a dumo to get keys.bin

After god knows how many hours with a soldering iron on my hand and countless posts on forums bugging people with questions (mainly deadlyfoez on here lol) i have nearly unbricked my dead wii.

i have run into a few problems along the way and will post them later along with the solutions i have found. I posted a link last week showing where to get hynix chips, turns out they no longer stock that chip and supply a similar chip which isnt compatable with the wii, i will find post and change it later.

just got to run betwiin now and reflash nand and i should be "golden".

Cheers for every bit of help everyone, and ill be around to help other if i can

Woody

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
My advice is take that Nand of the board and then dump it with the infectus, i fixed over 100 wiis, infact my Nand ic socket need re doing lol

Btw i think theres a way to fix bricked wii without the keys, so save thos old motherboards

also i understand by looking at wii motherboard what boot2 you will have its in the broadway :-)

rvl-30 is the bad boy

Matte

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have got comex's nand flasher and nus downloader but after an hour searching i still dont know what files i need to put in the wad folder? i have a pal wii, can anyone shed some light please?

thanks

dan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs