Full Brick, fix with Infectus?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by GHBAimen, Jan 27, 2010.

Jan 27, 2010

Full Brick, fix with Infectus? by GHBAimen at 8:54 PM (1,438 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. GHBAimen
    OP

Member GHBAimen GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Hello! I'm GHBAimen, old user Aimen here on GBATemp! Now you are probably thinking, "God, not him again!". I'm not here to speak about what happened before (OK, maybe about my Wii, but not the "fight" between me and the user marc_max on GBATemp!) but I still trying to fix my Wii.

Almost a half years have passed since I bricked my Wii with the homebrew app "DIP-IOS" which today is called "DOP-IOS". Even if I bricked my Wii, my friends still let me hack their Wii. And yes, they know what has happened with my Wii.

I have more and more become familiar with hacking the Wii and followed the development of hacking the Wii. Today, there are USB Loader for example thar I really want to put my hands on! xD I've always been one who likes to experiment with things and see what happens next. And I do not mean like, for example, put a firecracker in a microwave. xD

Now to the point! xD

One day I read this thread here on GBATemp, Betwiin v.10, and somewhere I saw a post where someone actually unbricked his Wii using Infectus.

I want to try this but want to make a few questions first...

Maybe a stupid question but...
    0. If I make a backup of the NAND with BootMii of any of my friends' Wii, and will try to put it into my Wii using Infectus and Betwiin, must it have boot2 support? For my Wii is very VERY old, which I think has boot2 support! Can I even do this?

1. Can I install BootMii using Infectus?

2. I remember after the DIP-IOS did the job so went I back to the Homebrew Channel and turned off the Wii. When I started the Wii I get a black screen. Is there a way to start the Homebrew Channel?

I will maybe with more questions later! xD

/GHBAimen

2. GHBAimen
    OP

Member GHBAimen GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Forgive me but I would like to have answers to my questions. [​IMG]

3. gajo

Newcomer gajo Member

Brazil