Hardware Fucking Awesome!

bannana2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just upgraded my core 2 duo e8400 to a core i5 6600k and I swear to the Gods I about shit myself. Noone prepared me for the powerful upgrade this would be. Anyone know about any new games I could totally run with this new processor? I mean - I've got a mildly powerful graphics card (gtx 650). However, I can still run Crysis 3 at 40 fps.

Last edited by bannana2,

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I just upgraded my core 2 duo e8400 to a core i5 6600k and I swear to the Gods I about shit myself. Noone prepared me for the powerful upgrade this would be. Anyone know about any new games I could totally run with this new processor? I mean - I've got a mildly powerful graphics card (gtx 650). However, I can still run Crysis 3 at 40 fps.
Welp that's weird, i've got a meh CPU but a GTX960 and it runs 60 FPS for me (which is kinda surprising because of the CPU). Not sure how 960 is better than the 650.
And you can run w/e game you want, try Dark Souls 2 DX11 version, ur gonna like the 60FPS in it :P

bannana2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp that's weird, i've got a meh CPU but a GTX960 and it runs 60 FPS for me (which is kinda surprising because of the CPU). Not sure how 960 is better than the 650.
And you can run w/e game you want, try Dark Souls 2 DX11 version, ur gonna like the 60FPS in it :P
Thanks man! Yeah, your graphics card beats mine for sure. For one its got a higher memory bandwidth by about 20-25Gbps. And I do believe it has higher texture fill rate, plus a boost core clock speed and 2gb of vram. My graphics card only has 1GB of vram :grog:Your cpu is your bottleneck, my graphics card is my bottleneck.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm eventually going to get oculus rift and its my main reason for upgrading.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your core 2 duo is old but whats the heck.. Congratulations! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE