• Views 65,451
  • Replies 84
  • Likes 12

slickpsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone please guide me or point me in the direction of a guide etc to get FTPD on my switch working. I am on CFW 5.1.0 have got homebrew launcher and FTPD.nro in the right place. I am sort of paranoid about connecting my network, because i do not want to accidentally connect to internet while running homebrew. Any guides/help would be greatly appreciated.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone please guide me or point me in the direction of a guide etc to get FTPD on my switch working. I am on CFW 5.1.0 have got homebrew launcher and FTPD.nro in the right place. I am sort of paranoid about connecting my network, because i do not want to accidentally connect to internet while running homebrew. Any guides/help would be greatly appreciated.
It's pretty simple. Just put in a manual DNS into your Switch's internet connection. Use one that blocks updates and all other Nintendo servers. I think the hbmenu DNS does that.
Then look in your router menu for your Switch's IP and connect to it from a PC using something like WinSCP (FileZilla might work as well) while FTPD is running on your Switch.

ichibaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty simple. Just put in a manual DNS into your Switch's internet connection. Use one that blocks updates and all other Nintendo servers. I think the hbmenu DNS does that.
Then look in your router menu for your Switch's IP and connect to it from a PC using something like WinSCP (FileZilla might work as well) while FTPD is running on your Switch.
The DNS has to be valid and working as intended, otherwise if the switch cant connect to the internet it will not retain a connection with your router and cannot grab an ip address.

slickpsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

The DNS has to be valid and working as intended, otherwise if the switch cant connect to the internet it will not retain a connection with your router and cannot grab an ip address.

This is exactly why i am not sure about FTPD. Given i will be running homebrew, it is asking for a ban.

Any other ways/ideas? memloader is good but doesnt take out all the hassle of rejigging and using a launcher.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's a known issue. The Switchbru DNS will block the update servers, but there does not seem to be a way to block all internet connection while retaining local network.

slickpsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a known issue. The Switchbru DNS will block the update servers, but there does not seem to be a way to block all internet connection while retaining local network.

I guess it is worth the trouble of using memloader/pulling out sd card for now then.

ichibaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did though was tracing/pinging the update/nag server and error reporting server from the list of nintendo domains to block. I get the end result IP addresses of those servers and put them in the IP address blacklist on my router. Though from what I'm seeing after I enabled the blacklist and reboot router I can still ping those IP's so I'm not even sure if it' working or not.

Maybe you can give that a try and maybe have more luck than me.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started using it for big files transfer (XCI and NSP) and it seems it corrupted my SD Card. It's been twice now that games will say "an error has been detected & can't be started", and I have to chkdsk it.

Unless my SD Card suddenly started to die I'll still stop using it from now on just to be sure, but it seems it matched the moment I started using it for big files.

Did you guys notice that too ?

coolbird22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I've started using it for big files transfer (XCI and NSP) and it seems it corrupted my SD Card. It's been twice now that games will say "an error has been detected & can't be started", and I have to chkdsk it.

Unless my SD Card suddenly started to die I'll still stop using it from now on just to be sure, but it seems it matched the moment I started using it for big files.

Did you guys notice that too ?

Which SD Card are you using ?

carlskie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
why im i having "stat '/license-request.dat ': 2 No such file or directory"

505 unavailable?

in filezilla failed to retrieve directory listing

please help

ichibaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why im i having "stat '/license-request.dat ': 2 No such file or directory"

505 unavailable?

in filezilla failed to retrieve directory listing

please help
Backup your license file and anything else you want except the auto generated license-request.dat, then reformat and put them back.

carlskie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It’s literally a license.dat file on your SD card.

ohhh i see thanks this may take a while backing up because its 120gb already.. i will reformat after and update here thanks

Edit:

got it to work thanks for the help

Last edited by carlskie,

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone found a dns address or a proxy yet that will allow me to connect to the ftp server on the switch while blocking all internet on the switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.