Ftp to switch via iphone/ipad

I couldn't find anything anywhere about how to ftp to the switch from an iPhone, specifically for when downloading from discord hbg group theres no good ftp clients that can find the files you've downloaded. I used an app called documents by raedle. It has a browser built in for downloading miscellaneous files to send over ftp. You just download it, go to services at the bottom, add services below that and add ftp server. Then fill in with your switch details (just leave login blank) and save. It will attempt to connect on saving so you need to have ftpd open on the switch to save it. After you're connected, you should be able to upload files by clicking edit and upload. Then files downloaded with the in app browser will show for upload. If you like saving to Google drive you can add that account into the app, and download it from the drive to upload to the switch. Sometimes when moving the files I'd it doesnt show copy to documents you need to hit edit and use the swipe bar to enable documents. Any questions just ask. Tested on iPhone 7 iOS 12 but should work on iPad as well. Figured it out for a friend and thought shit might as well help the community. I have a video walkthrough but it wont let me upload here. If anyone needs help just PM for details.

Attachments

• received_389549955231357.jpeg
    received_389549955231357.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 718
  • received_299776937586324.jpeg
    received_299776937586324.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 610
  • received_2315744955416502.jpeg
    received_2315744955416502.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 674
D

Deleted User

i do this too, its so convenient. i use it for switch, vita, and 3ds. im so glad apple didn't restrict this

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just use free apps such as Documents to do the FTP. However, this is only useful if you want to transfer smaller files. Otherwise pulling the SD card out would be much more efficient.

fighting4fun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Buddy let them sleep...

P. S. it also should worked via the Apple Data (preinstalled) App 2 years ago without an additional app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...