TGG181

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

its has recently occurred to me whilst browsing youtube ( i enjoy watching tuts just to keep up to date on my knowledge) and i noticed every single one i watched didnt use FTP to do file transfers, it was always moving the sd card about, which for me is the most inefficient way to do things since you have to reboot and reinject your payload every time. does anyone else use ftp ?

Reactions: Stealphie

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use FTP but I just use NXMTP which allows you to transfer files to/from computer using a usb cable. The same one that you use to inject payloads (unless you use a payload injector)

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ftp is good enough for small files, I don't have to undock the Switch then but I have it just next to my PC so it adds more convenience, I can just press Windows + P for my computer to only use one screen and the other one will switch to the Switch, so I just can use both PC and Switch in convenient ways
That's why I use ftp, it just adds more convenience with my setup, tho the thing I hate with both FTP and NXMTP is the fact that I need to extract every file in a temporary folder before transferring them, there's only Hekate USB mode which allow to directly transfer whichever file I want from an archive

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ftp is good enough for small files, I don't have to undock the Switch then but I have it just next to my PC so it adds more convenience, I can just press Windows + P for my computer to only use one screen and the other one will switch to the Switch, so I just can use both PC and Switch in convenient ways
That's why I use ftp, it just adds more convenience with my setup, tho the thing I hate with both FTP and NXMTP is the fact that I need to extract every file in a temporary folder before transferring them, there's only Hekate USB mode which allow to directly transfer whichever file I want from an archive

That's odd, you using Windows 10? I've never had to transfer to any temp folder.

TGG181

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's odd, you using Windows 10? I've never had to transfer to any temp folder.
i use windows 10, never had to do that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i usually use ftp to install games to my switch, using tinfoil on the switch and then the .nut server, its really fucking great and is actually faster than using goldleaf or any other installer for me. and i only use standard fiber which caps at around 80 mbps

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me?

I was using fpt and I deleted a folder from my Switch I was using on it and now whenever I tried to reconnect do it I get this:

550 No such file or directory
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I've tried re-adding the folder but that doesn't fix anything.
I know that my Switch is connected to fpt as I can move files to the root of my SD card.

I don't know how to get it to show my directory listing.
It works on my 3DS.

VampireOniX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I download pretty much everything on my phone (1tb storage vs 128gb sad on my laptop) so ftp is almost mandatory for me (phone doesn't have a sd slot (ROG 2)). My home uses a high end Asus router so transfer speeds average about 3mbps. Quick enough for me.

TGG181

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help me?

I was using fpt and I deleted a folder from my Switch I was using on it and now whenever I tried to reconnect do it I get this:

550 No such file or directory
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I've tried re-adding the folder but that doesn't fix anything.
I know that my Switch is connected to fpt as I can move files to the root of my SD card.

I don't know how to get it to show my directory listing.
It works on my 3DS.

what folder did you delete? the folder wasnt the "switch" or "nintendo" folder was it?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FTP for most file transfers, USB for installs, MTP rarely for large file transfers.

IDK when I last removed the SD from my Switch, probably when I set up emunand.

Last edited by hippy dave,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am, it's just that I can't transfer an extracted file because the transfer will fail most of the time. Sometimes doing it again works, but I just have to extract it somewhere and transfer it. What I call a "temporary" folder isn't an actual "temp" folder made by W10 but one I create myself and delete when I have finished transferring my stuff

Tony881

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dose someone have a switch folder because I delete my please if someone have one please reply and send me a save folder thank you all

Send me a Nintendo switch folder please I delete all of my by mistake please send me a copy

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone's Nintendo folder is different and unique to their individual system. You could just make a folder call it Nintendo and it would be no worse than if someone sent you one.

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dose someone have a switch folder because I delete my please if someone have one please reply and send me a save folder thank you all

Send me a Nintendo switch folder please I delete all of my by mistake please send me a copy

We cant give you switch folder, it will not work...

Leena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello !
I am using SX-Os on my switch and I've got an issue between FTP (Filezilla or Cyberduck) and JKSV. The file JKSV where I have all my saves does not appear when using the FTP but appear when looking directly on my SD card. Someone's know where is the problem ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !
I am using SX-Os on my switch and I've got an issue between FTP (Filezilla or Cyberduck) and JKSV. The file JKSV where I have all my saves does not appear when using the FTP but appear when looking directly on my SD card. Someone's know where is the problem ?
Are you using MacOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la