Hacking "fsgetmountsource failed" After trying to boot into homebrew.

Imaginesafety

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed a tutorial and got the homebrew channel running. But I needed to add apps now. So I turned the wii u off and put my SD card back into the computer and got what I needed to get. When I returned to the Wii U however, after going to "http://loadiine.ovh" and proceeding on my firmware, I get a black screen saying "fsgetmountsouce failed" and it won't go away.

I've tried formatting my SD card and putting the files back on, but no luck. And I've been looking around but can't really find anything on this topic. Any clue as to what I did wrong? Thanks.

jeff2242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhh. Good ole fsgetmount source... My foe also.. So heres my experience. I self host my exploit. First time I set everything up no issues. Everything was fine. One day I decided that I was afraid of my WiiU accidentally updating, so I created a new small network with a WiFi router I had laying around. ( did not connect it to my internet WAN connection just local only) and connected the same PC that I had already been using (to load the exploit) for a month.
Turned on the WiiU went to the new book mark I had set up and then I start getting FSGETMOUNTSOURCE FAILED... WTF.. I figured OK my SD card must have just happened to take a crap. Put all my files on a new SD card and same thing, then a different SD card same thing again. So now 3 different SD cards and no luck. I switched my WiiU back over to its old Wifi router, put in the original SD card and Viola... IT WORKS AGAIN... What I found was every-time I would use my D-Link router the WiiU would Fail with this error... I had an extra Linksys router set that up and that one worked fine also.. There had to be some kind of setting with the D-Link router the WiiU doesn't like.
Also If the WiiU has trouble seeing your TABLET(weak signal too far from the console) or it has low battery you will get that error everytime.
For me it never ended up being the SD card or the Files On it... Have you tried a different website that hosts the exploit? IT MAY HELP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Possibly. Doesn't have to mean that, though.
Logan is right.. Sometimes this is just random

Reactions: Logan Pockrus

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using a different SD card, or if you have a micro SD card try a different adapter. Also make sure you have all the files in the correct place.

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i had the same error 3 days ago - blowing/ clenaning sd didn't work.
error occur after adding some games to sd and having 100 mb free space. i decided to free some more spac and it worked like a charm.

so imo you have not enough free space - delete some and it will be ok.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You can also get that error if some dirt or dust gets into the sd card slot on the WiiU try blowing into the slot before you insert the sd card. It worked for me when I had that error.
Like @Marko76 says give your wiiu's hole a good blowing, it might even get a nice thrill while your doing it and thank you for it, it usually works or try pushing your sd card in and out the slot a few times and then boot homebrew or as mentioned above you have something on your sd card that should not be there or something is in the wrong place. I advice if this may be the case then start again cause if your running anything 64GB and above then it can get very confusing as to where the culprete is especially if you have lots of VC games on there. Or it could just be down to the fact you have a very cheap nasty made sd card, no offence! if it was bought of ebay or Amazon or that nasty mymemory site, it probably is.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: AmandaRose

myuuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also figured out if you don't have connected your gamepad to your Wii U, you get this error as well.

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahhhh. Good ole fsgetmount source... My foe also.. So heres my experience. I self host my exploit. First time I set everything up no issues. Everything was fine. One day I decided that I was afraid of my WiiU accidentally updating, so I created a new small network with a WiFi router I had laying around. ( did not connect it to my internet WAN connection just local only) and connected the same PC that I had already been using (to load the exploit) for a month.
Turned on the WiiU went to the new book mark I had set up and then I start getting FSGETMOUNTSOURCE FAILED... WTF.. I figured OK my SD card must have just happened to take a crap. Put all my files on a new SD card and same thing, then a different SD card same thing again. So now 3 different SD cards and no luck. I switched my WiiU back over to its old Wifi router, put in the original SD card and Viola... IT WORKS AGAIN... What I found was every-time I would use my D-Link router the WiiU would Fail with this error... I had an extra Linksys router set that up and that one worked fine also.. There had to be some kind of setting with the D-Link router the WiiU doesn't like.
Also If the WiiU has trouble seeing your TABLET(weak signal too far from the console) or it has low battery you will get that error everytime.
For me it never ended up being the SD card or the Files On it... Have you tried a different website that hosts the exploit? IT MAY HELP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Logan is right.. Sometimes this is just random
WOW! Moving closer to the console with the gamepad (I was at my computer desk) ACTUALLY WORKED! haha thanks!

Reactions: Hyena

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this problem OP has is somewhat random. I got it with 3 different cards over the span of 6 months. It just..comes and goes.

gbawiiu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have had this issue all times i used an SDXC card (64gb / 128gb).
Used an SDHC (32gb) for the exploit and worked fine.

Reactions: Hyena

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: