Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Team FSD has pushed out a mandatory update for their new FSD 3

This mandatory update is needed if you want to play LiNK and use the WebUI.
It's currently only available via the FSD updater and will be later released as a package this week.

A mandatory update for F3 including LiNK and WebUI will be available on F3 auto-updater for authenticated users.
Make sure you have your xbox authenticated with jqe360.com and have beta updates enabled in the settings panel.
Auto-update for other users and a full release package to update offline will be available later this week.

A few important changes:
Plugin now runs on Retail or Devkit (and RGLoader) Consoles.
DEVLINK IS NOW REQUIRED TO BE TURNED OFF
This update is MANDATORY. The LiNK website(http://link.jqe360.com) will be upgraded and the current plugin will no longer work.
Be sure to cold boot (power off then on) the console after update completes in order to load newest plugin

Source: HB-connection

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hooray!??

Obviously you're not in the 360 hacking scene.

Let me explain this a tiny bit.
Hardware hacked consoles (RGH/jTAG) can't connect to Xbox LIVE, they can't play multiplayer games.
With LiNK (made by Team FSD from Freestyle dash which is an alternative dashboard for the 360) they can connect to a "kind of" Xbox LIVE.
It's not LIVE itself but a System link service.

Previously you had to install Xlink KAI on a computer and run the KAI engine on a PC in your network.
With LiNK, you'll no longer need one.

This allows you to bring your hacked machine to some friends, connect it to LiNK and play multiplayer COD for example.
Or when you have other friends with jTAG/RGH 360's you still can play syslink compatible games with each other.
WITHOUT the use of Xlink KAI being present in your network

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok that's pretty cool. I didn't see anywhere that it was 360 related so I was like ok that's cool some software update. But anyways I remember doing something like that with original xbox except I think I was using an illegal server connection with other halo 2 players, I don't remember what it was called but it was free and it was fun to do.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The quote from Team FSD dropped plenty of hints it's for the 360 ;p

That's probably via Xlink KAI.
It requires a PC to be set up etc, making it impractical if you take the console to a friend of yours

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off