Hacking from R4 to Acekard

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how can I switch this? can acekard run SAV files (instead of sav)

also, my cheats freeze. I would like to use these instead of the one given to me. how can I make this work?

hmm... this switch is more then I thought. while the games work amazingly well, I'm having problems converting from one flash cart to another. while R4 is outdated, it and other tools made it so easy to use.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a batch file which will back them up and then rename them in all sub-directories. Download from HERE and Extract to the root directory of your MicroSD card, then goto your MicroSD card double click on renamesav.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Tac 21 said:
while R4 is outdated, it and other tools made it so easy to use.

the r4 is not outdated, its 1.18 firmware was. as far as 1st gen slot-1 flash linkers go (and 2nd gen really is stuff like the iplayer and scds2) the r4 has great technology. it does stuff at the hardware level that acekard has to do at the software level. this makes the r4 much faster and capable of greater things. its too bad the team never got a chance to push the technology.

-another world

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Another World said:
Tac 21 said:
while R4 is outdated, it and other tools made it so easy to use.

the r4 is not outdated, its 1.18 firmware was. as far as 1st gen slot-1 flash linkers go (and 2nd gen really is stuff like the iplayer and scds2) the r4 has great technology. it does stuff at the hardware level that acekard has to do at the software level. this makes the r4 much faster and capable of greater things. its too bad the team never got a chance to push the technology.

-another world

I guess you are right about the hardware, it has more potential than current software offer.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do we know that R4 was so good hardware wise?

and how can I fix this usrcheat.dat thing?

I'm rather dumbfounded to hear this; R4 has good hardware? I was supported to sell mine, but honestly I know that I have a orginal ligit card, which is built to last for a long time, I'm not sure if I want to!

Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tac 21 said:

I'm rather dumbfounded to hear this; R4 has good hardware? I was supported to sell mine, but honestly I know that I have a orginal ligit card, which is built to last for a long time, I'm not sure if I want to!

Take it apart o-o;

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i changed from r4 to acekard i just changed the firmware. delete the r4 firmware and replace it with the akaio, i didnt even format my card just left everything on except the r4 firmware. and im using the usrcheat.dat file perfectly on my ak2i, just remove the usrcheat.dat file in the cheats folder that came with akaio and replace it with the usrcheat.dat file from ur r4.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tac 21 said:

we know its good hardware wise cuz another world said it was
biggrin.gif

And I've heard people talk about it when wood first came out for r4.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't even beleive that the R4 is still alive.

I've gotten over the cheat thing.

Acekard doesn't see sav files in big captial letters! that the hell??

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
I have a batch file which will back them up and then rename them in all sub-directories. Download from HERE and Extract to the root directory of your MicroSD card, then goto your MicroSD card double click on renamesav.

thanks!

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
101 on manage your own cheat database for ak

1st, sort your database on r4cce
2nd, make sure cheat is enabled on the system options
3rd, make sure you selected the right database
4th, remember to rebuild

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1