Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A couple days ago, i updated my elite, and connected it to live, and started a new profile from scratch, seeming as though i didn't have any major save files or anything of the sort.
Now i also own a another xbox. But this time, i'd love to keep all my achievements and such. After reading through the internet, it just seems like its a simple OFFLINE to Online update, and hence all my saves and achievements (which i really do need on this xbox) stay. Can anyone please confirm this?

So right im just gonna hook up the 360 to the internet, and then eeerrrrmmm then what ? Is there like a option that i select that converts it or should i just go ahead, and Join Xbox Live, and my account that im currently signed in on should convert to Online? And im not so happy with the name of my current offline account, so should i just change it FIRST, and then go ahead and try to connect to live
unsure.gif

Just for the note, im still on pre-NXE with this box. Of course it will be updated soon.

When i was searching i stumbled across this http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/support/xbox360/...lineprofile.htm

unsure.gif

that's only if i wish to transfer offline achievements to a pre-made ACTIVE online account ? and i don't have an online profile, so i should just ignore that link right ?

Thanks for all the help.....darn MS always has to make things so complex and confusing.
mad.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so if im reading this right you have an offline account with saves ect and you want to turn this account into an online account

if this is the case when you update and go online log on to your offline account and press the center button on your controller. it should say some somewere join xbox live. if it does not say on the mini dash board thing go to the dashboard and go on yout account section and it will say join xbox live. then follow the steps and it will ask you to pick a gamertag do this and walah

sorry its a bit of a shakey guide im not on my xbox right now so i cant remeber exactly how its set out

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well thats really all i wanted to know, the fact that i can actually convert my offline profile i.e. the one that has all my saves and achievements into an online one (thus keeping all my achievements)

When you said that i have to pick a gamertag, that means my saves and achievements will stay the same...correct ? the only thing that will change is

a. the account/gamertag name

b. the fact that it will now be an online gamertag with those achievements ans saves that i already have on my offline one.

and yes i apologize for the being king of vague.

and thanks for the help
biggrin.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes the only thing that will change is the name of the profile/gamertag (unless your lucky and the name of the profile hasnt been used) and all of your achievements ect will be saved

have fun

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to pay 800MS points to change your gamertag name
if you want to change the account you have to buy XBL or use a free 1 month trails that comes with the 360

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep once you connect to live you can make you offline one online without changing anything except maybe the name and since you have 2 xboxes to transfer to profiles to each other you can use a memory card or recover gamertag once you update.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
if you want to change the account you have to buy XBL or use a free 1 month trails that comes with the 360

.... ? O.K. thats IF im already on live, and have achievements etc etc. RIGHT ?
unsure.gif
But like i said, im not even on live yet.

ok danny600kill just cleared it up. Phew i sort of had a heart attack just there.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Joe88 said:

No hes talking bout making his account xbox live for the first time and so he will have to choose his first gamertag meaning it will cost him nothing and yes he will get a free month trail of gold membership

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maz7006 said:
Joe88 said:

unsure.gif

Just ignore what he said he was talking about something else just do what i said and it should work fine if not pm me an al see what i can do
biggrin.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
Maz7006 said:
Joe88 said:

unsure.gif

Just ignore what he said he was talking about something else just do what i said and it should work fine if not pm me an al see what i can do
biggrin.gif

Thanks i highly appreciate it.

And it wasn't Joe's fault...i mean lets face it i was pretty darn vague in the start
laugh.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will inform you guys soon, its kind of late here, and im too tired to move the 360 closer to the router a bit (i.e. an internet connection) still haven't made that custom Ethernet cable thing. Just wanted to make sure that ill be safe before i try this in the morning i.e. when i have enough energy to be bothered
laugh.gif

thanks to all the posters.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, just finished connecting up to live, updating and making my gamertag!

All my achievements and save files are still there!! It was just a simple process after all. Ill share my gamertag later (once i sort out my internet and apply for something more quicker). Thanks, i guess i owe you guys one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: