Homebrew Friends New 2dsxl wont boot

FullOnRetro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I turn it on with the sd card in, the blue light indicating that it is on will turn on for a second and the shut off instantly. Without any sd card, it will turn on and stay on but both screens stay black untill it dies or is powered off again. Also, if I hold start or select trying to boot godmode 9 or luma configuration without an sdcard in, it just turns back off again .I have tried a few different micro sd cards, I have tried the latest luma version on a micro sd, I genuinely don't know what the problem could possibly be. The last thing he told me he did was just play some games on the system then turn it off, then it just wouldn't boot afterword's. Any help with this would be much appreciated, Thanks in advanced!

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IM not sure if this will help ...
But back in the day when i was hacking 3DS systems for friends and family ( after i hack something everyone wants one its always been this way )
Anyways i had 2 3DS's that did this i was bashing my head in trying ..googling ect ....
& in the end ... it was the connectors that hold the SD Card inside the console itself & this fix was simple as wrapping some tape around the Top end of my SD cards & almost forcing them in .... both was New 3DS ..a small one & a XL .. & i still have the XL & its been fine all these years ....

Reactions: FullOnRetro

MoeTech0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I turn it on with the sd card in, the blue light indicating that it is on will turn on for a second and the shut off instantly. Without any sd card, it will turn on and stay on but both screens stay black untill it dies or is powered off again. Also, if I hold start or select trying to boot godmode 9 or luma configuration without an sdcard in, it just turns back off again .I have tried a few different micro sd cards, I have tried the latest luma version on a micro sd, I genuinely don't know what the problem could possibly be. The last thing he told me he did was just play some games on the system then turn it off, then it just wouldn't boot afterword's. Any help with this would be much appreciated, Thanks in advanced!
sounds like a brick so ill tell u how I know how to fix it
1. make a backup of your sd card
2. format it fat32
3.paste these files into your root of the sd card Here
4.turn on 3ds and do everything it tells u to do
5.place all ur files back. into ur sd card and replace the boot.firm u placed when u pasted all the files into ur sd card
6. turn on 3ds
7. brick fixed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    There is "web assembly", which is a bytecode thing browsers can run.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    You'll still need to know php or perl to make any site
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    not any
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    From scratch yeah
    Gift
    you can make some basic non-interactive sites like a blog or a newspaper or something
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    you don't, you can just use html or js
    Gift
    dont forget css
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    that's just styling
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you're designing from the ground up you'll need php to store registration information into mysql databases
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    you don't need php you just need some backend if you need registrations
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you use a service it's still technically not your coding unless it's open source
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    The backend code can be written in a lot of languages
    Gift
    " that's just styling" fair but styling is important
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Yeah but you still need to know more then css html and js
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    it certainly is
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Styling is not important lol
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    but css is for designers or full stack devs
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you have enough information stored users could care less if it's black and white
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Plenty of phpbb themes are set to default and have 50k members
    Gift
    yeah but i would prefer websites to not look like dogshit
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    Why would you need more than js, html and css for a basic website? You might need sql for your database but thats about it
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you want to truly call it your work that's why lol
    Gift
    actually that makes me think what's the line between "tolerably bad" and "this is so dogshit i won't even think of using it"
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    what? lol
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    If I write all my js css and html why would the work not be mine?
    Gift
    felix.200 @ felix.200: If I write all my js css and html why would the work not be mine?