Friend Request Issue

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Nemesis90, Nov 24, 2012.

Nov 24, 2012

Friend Request Issue by Nemesis90 at 1:43 AM (304 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Nemesis90
    OP

Member Nemesis90 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For some reason my user profile is set to not allow friend requests. It keeps telling me "Please perform the initial setup for your friend list"in the Miiverse settings. This is fine and all, but i can't find the the place to do said setup. Anyone else experiencing this or know a solution?

2. picano

Member picano GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you checked the settings under both the "Miiverse" and "Friends List" options from the home menu? The latter definitely has the option to disable requests but the former might need to be accessed / set up if you haven't already set your profile details.

3. Nemesis90
    OP

United States
    I feel pretty stupid now, thanks for your help.:shy:

4. picano

Member picano GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ha, no problem. Which screen did you miss anyway? Honestly, I don't think I ever went to the 'friend list' section before today --- but that was because I read a post elsewhere that mentioned that requests through miiverse actually send a confirmation request while those via the friend list didn't.

5. Nemesis90
    OP

United States
    It was the friends list from the home menu, can't believe i skipped over it.