Friend List freezes

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LinkSoraZelda, Feb 1, 2016.

1. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    I just updated my emunand to 10.5 from 9.2. Whenever I access the Friend List, it hangs. Does formatting emunand help? Will I have to recreate the dbs files?
    New 3DS, Cakes.

2. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Bump.
    Also, closing the system in sleep mode freezes at a black screen.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Formatted, and it works.
    Thanks for your help!!

3. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I don't have a fix or anything, but just adding, friends list freezes for me too, except I'm using rxTools. Works fine in Gateway mode though.

4. Agent Moose

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    I'm pretty sure it's because your emunand and sysnand are linked. I can go onto mine just perfectly fine with rxtools.

GalladeGuy likes this.
  5. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Mine are linked, but the friend list functions perfectly fine on my 10.5 RXtools.

6. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Read in another thread that all you have to do is wait for it to unfreeze once you go into it.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  7. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Not for me. Had it going for 15 minutes.
    And no, they were unlinked.

8. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Is your SD card a Class 4 or something? I've had horrendously slow emuNAND speed on a 16gb class 4 Kingston SD card. Had to wait like 10 minutes for the system to wake up from sleep mode.

9. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    It doesn't happen on my other Class 4 Card. And when I formatted, it worked.

10. Petraplexity

Petraplexity Fidget-Spinning Spicy Memelordâ„¢

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Over There
    Nobody should be using class 4 cards for emuNAND... Class 10 cards aren't that much more expensive. Heck, depending on the brand, they're cheaper. I got a Class 10 Kingston 64GB microSD card with SD and USB adapters for $30. I used a class 4 for emunand at first and I contemplated ending my life. :P
    But if it works, I won't stop you.

cvskid and ric. like this.
  11. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    It's not like I haven't been trying lately.

12. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    This.
    For regular usage and homebrew, class 4 is fine, but emuNAND is absolutely unbearable at those speeds. Class 10 is HIGHLY recommended. Sure, a C4 will technically *work*, but you'll be stuck waiting for everything to load.

13. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    My stuff isn't slow at all...
    Literally everything loads instantly. Tests were even shown that with the 3DS, Class speed doesn't matter.
    Either way, the only speed difference a Class 10 would bring for loading times are milliseconds.

14. Petraplexity

Petraplexity Fidget-Spinning Spicy Memelordâ„¢

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Over There
    Back before I started haxxing I had a class 4 card, and I couldn't record 3D video for more than 30 seconds (write speed was insufficient), but that's about it for non-homebrew stuff. I still reccommend Class 10.

ric. likes this.
  15. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Note:
    Most of the Class 10 MicroSDs are TLC chip.
    But bundled Class 4 SDs are MLC chip, which has 10x durability.

16. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    I believe you got that wrong.
    The main difference between SLC (Single Level Cell) chips and MLC (Multi Level Cell) is how the chip stores data - MLC stores two or more bits per NAND flash cell, while SLC only stores one. SLC stores data faster, lasts longer (about 10 times more than a regular MLC chip) and consumes less power, but are obviously more expensive and are therefore geared more towards the server market and high-end consumers. MLC on the other hand, give you more bang for your buck - since it stores more bits per cell, it allows for manufacturers to offer more capacity at lower costs. Obviously most of the SD cards you'll find on the market are MLC.
    I highly doubt Nintendo has been including SLC-based SD cards on their consoles. I don't remember what model the SD card included in the 3DS is, but I'm 99% sure it's an SD with an MLC-chip.

17. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    You are outdated.
    There are NO SLC in consumer SD market since 2012 - The last SLC product is Toshiba Premiugate, the first gen of R95/W80. They have already been bid to an insane price on Yahoo Auction JPN. So if there was any common SD being proved SLC, it would be snapped up immediately.
    Sandisk also said that they were going to produce everything in TLC since 2017.

TLC only has 1,000 circles durability, but much less cost than 10,000 circles' MLC.

Last edited by MelonGx, Feb 2, 2016