Homebrew Friend Codes on ROM?

The_Dark_Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all,

so I just started noodling with my first Pokemon game (Platinum) and I was curious about online battling someday.

it says you need a friend code to do that but I'm curious, wouldn't everyone who is using this copy of the ROM have the exact same friend code? thus, ruining (or at least highly jeopardizing) playing online via a friend code???

the only thing I can possibly imagine is if the friend codes are somehow generated in conjunction with the actual DS hardware in which case I (assume) would be good to go.

so can anyone shed a little light before I bother trying to actually learn this Pokemon business?? =)

thanks!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
NO!
The servers make a FC for each Nintendo DS, so if you play on your DS, you'll have a different code than for instance mine.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
some additional info...

when you log into the wifi the fc is stored in the save file. you can use the same rom on the same flash kit on the same ds, if you delete the save file you will get a new friend code. it is not fixed relation to the game header and the ds mac address, stored info comes into play. although these factors may play a roll in what gets stored, i'm honestly not sure as i never botherd to research it to that extent.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That YT was sooo Hysterical Syl. ROFL