Hacking Friday Night Theme Release Party

Jizmo09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friday evening probaby starting around 8pm eastern US time, we will be having a theme relese party on IRC. Come to #softmii on EFNET if you want to be among the first to get our new themes which contain all the newest hacks/mods weve done to the system menu. We wont be realeasing them all at once but rather about 1 per hour to give us time to explain in the channel how we accomplished the different looks and effects that we used to make them. Plus i expect a pretty big turnout so releasing them slowly will hopefully keep the chaos that ensues under control. We're discovering new mods and tricks that we can do almost every night anymore so we expect to be able to keep it coming. I think you will see with these themes/mods that SoftMii is not just some guys packaging other peoples tools and writing a guide.

So I hope all the long nights and hard work we put into this is appreciated by some and you'll cut us some slack on the flames next time. And feel free to rip any of the modules/code you want from our themes to inject into your own.

Just remember one thing when insatlling/designing themes. Make 100% sure that you have preloader installed and working and that it is able to launch to Homebrew Channel in case of brick. We have not had any bricks caused by using the tweak tool that we haven't been able to recover from, but we've had literaly thousands of bricks testing edits/changes. My Wii probably get's it's nand written to an average of 30-50 times a day testing stuff. And i've bricked hundreds of times. But preloader has allowed me to recover every single time. So don't even think about using the Tweak Tool and installing themes without it. Preloader 0.28 stanalone installer (press 1 as password) is included in the SoftMii pack at softmii.org

Hope to see all the names that I recognize from here show up for the fun. Even the haters are welcome! Might Kick/Ban you if you start flaming though. Fair is Fair.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've already shown up there, my name there is Fenrir^^
It doesn't matter at all but now you guys know XD

yakboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the idea! Howeve, for those of us who can't make it, are the themes going up on the website so people like myself can download them the next day?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
yakboy said:
I love the idea! Howeve, for those of us who can't make it, are the themes going up on the website so people like myself can download them the next day?

Id like to now the same answer cause I'll be sleeping at that time

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to make (not sure), sounds cool. Never got excited by the whole custom sysmenu thing, but perhaps I'll see something that will spark my interest.

Jizmo09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure we'll be posting the themes to a bunch of rapidshare/megauload links and whatever, as well as putting them on the website. People are of course welcome to repost them or do whatever they want with them. We'll put screenshots and links in our forums as we post them also.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ill be there.. so this was the big "wait for friday" release, awsome!!
smile.gif

now all i need to do is convince my fiance that i have "work" to do on my lappy when i get home from work...

linkmaster03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, were glad you all liked them and of course all themes are available on http://softmii.org/v2

Please also take a look at our new web site - we are trying hard to bring you new hacks/looks etc..... So watch this space.

Also, we have pute Google ads on our site to help cover hosting so if anyone wishes to help out softmii while browsing our new site - please take a look at the sponsored links.

Also - Please remember to register at our forums
tongue.gif

Jizmo09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had intended to release more themes but when we got started on the Matrix theme and started talking about animating the empty disc channels and all, we kind of dropped a lot of the other stuff to do some things with the new capabilities that we found. So we kind of decided to go with quality over quantity. And since the first build we did of the matrix theme turned out so well.......... well we just kinda started digging it and went that direction. But we did put some of the new .ash files out there so you guys can hack away and swap modules all you want. We hope to be starting a repository of .ash files pretty soon for modular construction of themes.

If you decide to load any of the themes, as always be sure to have preloader installed and working. Your writing to the nand and system menu when you do it.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Nice work. Especially the Matrix theme. Will you be looking to release more "complete" themes in the future? Like Contra's "Death Note" CSM - he's changed pretty much EVERYTHING and it just ties the whole theme in better....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny