AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there chance that there is a freeshop alternative that works in 2019? And if not, what is a really great .cia repository.
No there will never be an alternative to free shop and its against site rules to ask where to find any pirated material just as its against site rules for anyone to post links to pirated material here.

Ace001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No there will never be an alternative to free shop and its against site rules to ask where to find any pirated material just as its against site rules for anyone to post links to pirated material here.
Ok dad

I know others said this, but don't pirate. That's just immoral.
Lol why are you even here then?

Reactions: Deleted User

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While there is no new Freeshop and there wont likely ever be. There is that new app that lets you install .cias directly to your SD card now, which in effect is actually faster than the freeshop downloading process, assuming you have a decent internet connection.

Reactions: Sundree

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
To answer the OP's question: No. There is no simple alternative to freeShop. Prior to Nintendo backporting their anti-piracy checks used on the Switch's eShop, we could simply show Nintendo's CDN a ticket and it would let us in. When Nintendo fixed this, it killed freeShop and replacing it or fixing it wasn't possible. You still can, however, install CIA files manually using FBI or custom-install. We're not going to provide any sort of direct links to said CIA files for obvious reasons, but I can say this: Do a Google search for that ISO site.

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really surprised that someone hasn't created a program similar to HBG Shop on the switch. This seems to work well for actually downloading games directly to the system.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS isn't very active anymore, everyone pretty much move on to the switch, beside the way nintendo detect if a ticket is real or not now a day lead to ban, so there is no need of a program similar to HBG shop anymore, HBG shop concept is based off freeshop anyway not vice versa.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really surprised that someone hasn't created a program similar to HBG Shop on the switch. This seems to work well for actually downloading games directly to the system.

You are looking at outright illegal activity with doing anything of this sort now. Which anything of that matter is strictly against what gbatemp allows. And what nintendo would have a strict say against aswell when they find out.

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS isn't very active anymore, everyone pretty much move on to the switch, beside the way nintendo detect if a ticket is real or not now a day lead to ban, so there is no need of a program similar to HBG shop anymore, HBG shop concept is based off freeshop anyway not vice versa.
Ban doesn't matter, if you have an emunand, as long as you're not going online. ( or have incognito, stealth mode, or 90dns)....but I get It, 3ds is pretty much dead.

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are looking at outright illegal activity with doing anything of this sort now. Which anything of that matter is strictly against what gbatemp allows. And what nintendo would have a strict say against aswell when they find out.
Yeah, I know. Still doesn't mean that it doesn't exist on the switch.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ban doesn't matter, if you have an emunand, as long as you're not going online. ( or have incognito, stealth mode, or 90dns)....but I get It, 3ds is pretty much dead.

Nobody really use an emunand on the 3DS these day, as for freeshop games were download directly from Nintendo CDN server, HBG shop for the switch is different it is hosted on Google Drive, and redirected via HBG Shop.

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody really use an emunand on the 3DS these day, as for freeshop games were download directly from Nintendo CDN server, HBG shop for the switch is different it is hosted on Google Drive, and redirected via HBG Shop.
I didn't understand that you were talking about ban on 3ds.....I thought you meant Switch.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't understand that you were talking about ban on 3ds.....I thought you meant Switch.

https://twitter.com/sciresm/status/1024327784892530689?lang=en

Hope this explain why freeshop was dead, Nintendo implemented way of detect if a ticket was legit or not, 1 1/2 years ago when 11.8 came out some people got banned from online service for illegal tickets. CDN download is totally different than the way HBG shop work, HBG doesn't get their content from Nintendo server, and I highly doubt anyone will create a program similar to HBG shop, if it would happen already if it exist.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://twitter.com/sciresm/status/1024327784892530689?lang=en

Hope this explain why freeshop was dead, Nintendo implemented way of detect if a ticket was legit or not, 1 1/2 years ago when 11.8 came out some people got banned from online service for illegal tickets. CDN download is totally different than the way HBG shop work, HBG doesn't get their content from Nintendo server, and I highly doubt anyone will create a program similar to HBG shop, it would happen already if it exist.
I appreciate the post. I have followed the scene closely for quite some time now, and remember when SciresM posted that. I know that Freeshop as we knew it is dead, I was just surprised that there wasn't an "HBGshop" like implementation.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
beside the way nintendo detect if a ticket is real or not now a day lead to ban
Not exactly. Nintendo can only detect if the ticket is fakesigned or doesn't belong to you if you try to authenticate with the CDN using it. They can't detect a fakesigned ticket or a ticket that doesn't belong to you if it's only used client-side, e.g. with a homebrew CIA. What this means is that you'll be banned if you try to use it with the eShop or a CDN downloader like freeShop, but not if you simply install a CIA. Installing CIAs was always the safest method of installing 3DS titles with fakesigned tickets or tickets that don't belong to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended