FreeMcBoot Help

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Peter6828, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Peter6828
    OP

Peter6828 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United States
    I'm trying to install free mcboot using this method I used the ulaunch.iso file and free iso burner and put the right files on my usb I'm using a 700mb cd-r to launch the iso and it tells me to put a ps2 disk my console is 7A scph-77001, what am I doing wrong any help is appreicated

Attached Files:

2. Peter6828
    OP

Peter6828 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United States
    I need help with free mc boot but it won't work in using this method I'm using a cd-r and a usb with the correct file what am I doing wrong I used a freeisoburner and I don't know why it won't work it tells me to put a ps2 disk when i put in my 's with the i so my ps2 is a 7A

Attached Files:

3. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    Is your PS moded? It can not run burned cd's if it's not

4. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    Dont make double threads,
    Your PS2 is not moded, so it wont read burned cd's. You either need a chio, or a ps2 memcard with fmcb on it

Peter6828 likes this.
  5. Nisem0n0

Nisem0n0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    You're gonna need another entry point to install fmcb, ps2 doesn't natively run burned discs. If you're insistent on using burned disc method you're gonna need swap magic. Alternatively can use AR Max and install with a flashdrive. I personally softmodded mine the HDD method but that obv won't work with slimline models.

Peter6828 likes this.