Hacking FreeLoader GC/Wii

Lain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, can anyone tell me if the FreeLoader that is already avaiable for the Wii runs only import games or if it also runs backups?

Anyhow if not, would the FreeLoader be a good "add" to a modchip in what touches the playing backup imports?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Xandu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Datel announced "A Wii Freeloader on the way"
wink.gif

Lain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply but that doesnt answers my question. I already know of a FreeLoader that is being sold for Wii.. I just dont know if it plays backups or only original imports.

Cinos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sri.gunsha.com
XP
Country
That freeloader is only for Gamecube games and is only for imports, however as Xandu said Datel are currently making one for the actual Wii side of the Wii.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, can anyone tell me if the FreeLoader that is already avaiable for the Wii runs only import games or if it also runs backups?

Anyhow if not, would the FreeLoader be a good "add" to a modchip in what touches the playing backup imports?

Thanks in advance for any information!
Are you talking about this freeloader?
I am unaware of any other freeloader currently available.

Anyway, that freeloader is only for Gamecube games. It will work in some Wii consoles and not others but it will only allow you to play original titles from other regions NOT backups.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking in the second question but most current Wii modchips allow playing of different region games all ready. A fair few Wii games are not able to be played out of region but most (around 70%..?) will.
Gamecube games are playing region free fine with some chips (I think) but with others you may require a bootdisc to play other region GC titles.

Hope that helps.

Lain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.worldgate.pt/proddet.php?Produto_ID=650

This is what I am trying to say.. IT IS ALREADY DONE!

PORTUGUESE:
Utilizando a avançada tecnologia Datel, o Action Replay + FreeLoader GC/WII poderá desbloquear até os jogos mais dificeis ao premir de um botão.
Adicionalmente este software inclui a função Freeloader, podendo assim jogar jogos GameCube ou wii de todas as regiões sem ter que modificar a sua consola.

ENGLISH TRANSLATION:
Using the advanced DATEL technology, the Action Replay + FreeLoader GC/WII can unlock even the hardest game with the touch of a button.
More.. this software includes the function FreeLoader, this way you can play GameCube or Wii games of any region without having to modify your console.

Although.. the questions remains.. will this enable running Wii backups, copies, piracy.. whatever you want to call it? Yes/No

PS: did this post before noticing shtonkalot's reply.. well, it is already released but from what you say, it wont play backups. Thanks!

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like to see further confirmation that this is actually a released Wii game compatible freeloader.

I'm not disputing your translation I'm just at a loss as to why there hasn't been more news about this. It's not even on Datel's page.

Whatever the case I would say that it won't allow "backups" to run on a unmodified console.

**edit**
That picture is just of the Gamecube Action Replay which is compatible with the Wii for GC functions only.
Need more info on this one.

Lain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I didnt simply translated it.. you see, I'm portuguese
tongue.gif
it's my mother language hehe I phoned the guys and they confirmed me that this was the latest FreeLoader, newly released for Wii, it boots both GC and Wii imports. I got a 100% confirmation about this.

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I didnt simply translated it.. you see, I'm portuguese
tongue.gif
it's my mother language hehe I phoned the guys and they confirmed me that this was the latest FreeLoader, newly released for Wii, it boots both GC and Wii imports. I got a 100% confirmation about this.
Perhaps you could ask them for some official link for the product, I cant see one anywhere. Type "wii freeloader" into google and all you get are old announcements about Datel going to make one or pages with the GC version saying how it works on the Wii.
Here are two examples, Old Announcement and Report on GC freeloader.

Again, they don't even have a picture of the correct product up on that page. You seem to believe them "I got a 100% confirmation about this." and I'm sure many here would be very interested if it is true.
Please do some more digging for us, it just seems strange that the worldwide launch of this product is unannounced and limited to Portugal!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay