a freeloader would be great
biggrin.gif
i will try to get naruto 2 now somehow XD

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Assuming the bit for wii is true and not a error , then I guess the software will block the updates from running. Either that or they'll go with the usual X accepts no responsibility for damage caused by this product , import software is run at your own risk etc , and if you brick it , then tough..

I don't know about it for sure, but game will update only on Wii channels. With this boot disc will start the "game", then you swap boot disc with game disc, and then it will start actual game without requesting updates in Wii channels.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone ever think that Datel could make updates via Wi-Fi like Nintendo? Its quite possible they would do that or have it like modchips so even when it loads, it won't be detected as a Freeloader but a regular game. At least this is what I think.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
i hope nintendo locks out freeloader with a firmware update

wtf ?

biggrin.gif
Becurse Datel leaches big time.
First the Slot-1 encryption on Nintendo DS was broken. BAM Action Replay DS.
Then the Wii encryption and signing tool came. BAM Freeloader Wii.
Datel is gay they dont credit the guys whos hard work made it posiple for them to earn alot of money.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Something interesting about it : They say it's the same version for all regions. So the Freeloader itself is regionfree without patching. Is that even possible ?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why all the hate for Datel? They do most of the reversing on their own and have proven to be very good at it. What they do borrow they improve upon and make it available in an easy to use format for the masses. Are one of you haters the same person that said 'only people with mod chips should be allowed to play back-ups' or something like that in another thread? You cry for region free on the Wii, you get it (apparently), and then you bitch about the supplier?

Bah, every advancement on the Wii is good
grog.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
i hope nintendo locks out freeloader with a firmware update

wtf ?

biggrin.gif
Becurse Datel leaches big time.
First the Slot-1 encryption on Nintendo DS was broken. BAM Action Replay DS.
Then the Wii encryption and signing tool came. BAM Freeloader Wii.
Datel is gay they dont credit the guys whos hard work made it posiple for them to earn alot of money.

I don't think you get it. The code handler in the ARDS was written by themselves, and it's more advanced than most code handlers. The information was posted for free on the internet. They reverse engineer console security themselves, too; How did they make their powersaves?

P.S. Don't use maxconsole as a news source.

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all the people complaining about Datel using the homebrew scene's efforts to make money (I'm against it too. if it is in fact the case), this is why files distributed for homebrew use needs to have an explicit disclaimer stating "THIS FILE/SOFTWARE CAN NOT BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL USE, NO EXCEPTIONS!"

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this really works, then I think Datel has hit a gold mine what with Brawl being released next month and Europe getting the Autumn release date.

But the really, really big factor is if firmware updates can render this into one really expensive coaster.

windwake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the verdict is that this will play backups? You would think it would (since this disc works in any Wii it's running code the Wii thinks is signed, and it lets you swap any disc in and run it while the Wii thinks you're still using the freeloader disc).

LokusT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really doubt it will play backups for the same reason that the GC FreeLoader didn't.

The only concern I have about the Wii Freeloader atm is the potential to brick the console when for instance a game like Brawl, which requires a firmware update from the disc before you can play it, could semi brick the console the way backups can already do. Remember that it's not the chips that are doing the bricking, it's the firmware.

I do want to be able to play imports so the Freeloader is appealing. I had the GC one and was very grateful for it's existence but the problem with the firmware is niggling at me. Until some more details about the disc and it's operation becomes available I'm personally going to wait and see what the downsides to it may be before I get one.

It is still very good news though. Just a shame we couldn't have had a region free console in the first place, but that's a whole other topic entirely.

thebert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harsky said:
If this really works, then I think Datel has hit a gold mine what with Brawl being released next month and Europe getting the Autumn release date.

More importantly, it seems to me like this would just sell more copies of Brawl, because everyone in Europe with a brain and a Wii will be importing a copy of Brawl to play it before it never comes out as a Euro release, lol. It's a win-win for everyone! Datel rolls in the cash for selling Wiiloader, Nintendo gets extra Euro sales from importers, Europe gets to play the game sometime in this life, and America gets credit for the sales making it crush Japan's million sales record! Hell, Nintendo can just patch up freeloader right before the Euro release, and then everyone who imported has to buy it again! Genius!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i'll consider it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only i can backport the game meself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pretty sure the new flip one can do psp if you don't mind the sp design
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    resistance still has jerky gameplay on emu
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1gb of ram probably won't help
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess i'll stick to playing helldivers 2 for awhile
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Do people still hate that game or did they fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    fix? there were fixes?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i never heard or notice any fix
  • NO111ONE @ NO111ONE:
    @Xdqwerty crashd was the exploit for LG TVs to root practically any.
    I got word of it this january and rooted my TV. Was pretty impressed.
    Since then LG patched the command to root and then the developer mode app itself from making vulnerabilities.

And then I found out that having a rooted TV lets you use PPPwn to jailbreak a PS4 on firmware 11. Finally uses for my rooted LG (I hate the playstation as such the use is gone)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @NO111ONE, Did you have a arch64 base?
  • NO111ONE @ NO111ONE:
    Honestly didn't care to even poke. The board is W18H
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a 2023 Model turned off update in the homebrew channel maybe if I restore it and run the script again but it might auto update during the process
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    play it safe, keep it off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Script keeps getting stuck at Heap grooming now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nowadays i just keep my jailbroken ps4 for some exclusives i don't play on pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The youtube adblocker looks nice in the homebrew channel but I pay for premium for like $4 a month under vpn lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont even YT much, Net flix is just another bother
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    YT music apps pointless tbh
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    playing old music mostly while browsing/going through comics at archive.org
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me doin' simple stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't always need a bunch of electronics to enjoy electronics
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: