Freedom 0.3b

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MF Tlaxcala, Jun 1, 2010.

Jun 1, 2010

Freedom 0.3b by MF Tlaxcala at 3:52 PM (3,371 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Member MF Tlaxcala GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I have downloaded the app: "Freedom 0.3b" a few months ago.. (Ever heard of that app!!?) And i had discovered that i can't play any "Wii Games" anymore!!! I want to uninstall the program, but i don't know how!

[​IMG]
    - Version Homebrew Installed: BannerBomb, PAL Wii Version:

- The HB-App is a kind of System-menu replacement and i had read in the readme.txt that you can uninstall it from your Wii?!

- Nothing is working on the moment. I can only run Gamecube games and click on some buttons in the menu...

- It's not that i can't do anything.. i can click on many buttons, run GC games and change some things but it isn't much...

- The menu is completely changed and has no channels and other things anymore...

- It's very hard to find some information on google of the app.., but maybe somebody knows something about it?! [​IMG]

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I believe if you use the WadImport function of Freedom to reinstall a WAD of your System Menu (which you can download with NUSD), it will all return to normal.

3. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    Yes! i have downloaded: NUSD - v1.3 Beta, and what must i do now?? When i copy WadImport to NUSD, what to do then?? or must i do something else?

4. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Use NUSD to download whatever System Menu you were on before you installed Freedom (i.e. if you were on 4.1U, download 4.1U) and make sure to tick "Pack -> WAD" option. Then copy the .WAD file created to a folder called "WAD" on the root of your SD card. In Freedom, find the WADImport option (dunno were it is, perhaps under channels or something. Never used Freedom, not sure), and choose to install the System Menu WAD you downloaded. This should restore the regular System Menu. BTW, if you have BootMii as boot2, I'd advise taking a NAND dump before doing this just in case.

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    if u have bootmii as boot2 and a nand dump from b4 freedom, just restore that... that's what I did to remove freedom (I only had it for 5 minutes b4 I realized just how much in the beta stages it was really in)

6. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    Very good information!! I will try that soon! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Fast question: how can i see or bootmii is installed on "boot2"??

7. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Well, did you ever install BootMii? Does your Wii show a menu with four big buttons on it when you turn on your Wii, which you must navigate with the front buttons of the Wii console or a Gamecube controller? Is there a folder called "BootMii" on the root of your SD card? If the answer to all these is "no", then you probably don't have it. If you do have the BootMii folder, but it doesn't start when you turn on your Wii, and you have a reasonably new Wii, you probably have BootMii as IOS, which isn't as good, but newer Wiis block boot2 installation.

8. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    Well.. i have a .dol file as bootmii. That must then be the "IOS"! [​IMG] but haves bootmii or boot2 an important connection with the uninstalling of Freedom?

9. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    I have downloaded version 4.2E Wii System: "RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v482" (past in the "WAD" folder on the root of my SD card!)

I can click on "Manage" Then can i choose to Import/Export Channels, Import/Export Savefiles. When i click on Import Channels i can click on: "RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v482", but i click and... FREEZES!! [​IMG] [​IMG] (i can hold the Power Button, and my Wii is out!)

Here a picture of Freedom 0.3b:

[​IMG]

10. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Can you run homebrew from Freedom? If so, run WAD Manager and install the WAD with it.

11. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    I can't run the homebrew channel! and actually i have no idea how because everything freezes except when i load gc discs! if i want want to import: every "wad" freezes, and i don't exporting (not tested) because i want to FIX my wii.

Some useful information: (maybe)

- I can import "wad" files via the catergorie Manage! (also exporting and import/export of .sav files)

- Via the catergorie "Game", i can run gc games (i have tried every wii game i have and they say all: "eror"!)

- Via "Channel", i can(t) run apps as: Neogamma, NES stuff and some other things. (not homebrew channel is in this section)

- On the catergorie "Media", i can do nothing. (no things installed in this section)

- Via "Settings", i can do a few changes like: change screen resolution and see what version of Freedom i have.. that kind of stuff!

12. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ON GAME-HACKERS I HAVE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND THEY HELPED ME OUT!!!

(YOU ALL HERE HAVE DONE GREAT WORK TOO!!! DOESN`T MATTER GREAT THANKS!!)

13. codiak

Newcomer codiak Advanced Member

United States
    So, whats the solution?

14. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    THE FULL SOLUTION FOR HOW TO UNINSTALL FREEDOM 0.3b (MAYBE OTHER VERSIONS TOO!! [​IMG]

WHAT YOU NEED IS A ORGINAL WII SYSTEM-MENU REPLACEMENT WAD (your current version - 4.2U or 4.2E lik that!): [​IMG] -snipped-

I HAVE PUTTED IT IN THE wad MAP IN THE ROOT OF MY SD CARD! THEN I HAD CLICKED ON THE "WAD-IMPORT" IN FREEDOM! IT FREEZES AGIAN.... BUT I THOUGHT: AS I JUST WAIT FOR A QUARTER, THEN MAYBE IT WILL WORK!

I CAME BACK AND MY WII WAS STILL FROZEN!! BUT I HOLD IN THE POWER OFF BUTTON OF MY WII AND.... TURN IT ON AGIAN!!\

I GOT THE "HEALTH AND BLALAA" SCREEN AND I CLICKED ON "A" WII MENU!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I wouldn't link that here. That wad is a system menu.

Either way, nice to see you got this fixed.

16. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    Thanks! [​IMG]

[TOPIC SOLVED]

17. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i was expecting a brick, i would have recommended to install your system menu ios first, before installing the system menu, just in case it wasn't there. man you got lucky you have ios70 in there somewhere.

18. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    Yep, pure luck! hahaa! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. MF Tlaxcala
    OP

Netherlands
    Have can i know what kind of "IOS" i have?? Is that visible somewhere?

20. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    grab DOP-Mii and run ios check