Gaming free Vob to mpeg conveter

jabmaster2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all im looking for for a program thats free that can convert vob files to mpeg. I cant seem to find any good freeware programs. If you got any suggestions. Let me know. tahnks

D

Deleted User

Try Handbrake. Its gives a better quality than Videora with the correct settings.

myuusmeow said:
Isn't VOB just plain MPEG+extra data?
Yes, but changing the extension might not do it for some media players, and besides, the file-size is huge. It would make sense to convert to h.264 with an MP4 extension or something.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
for movie maker it works fine just changing the extension...i recorded some mohh2 clips and created a montage with no loss of quality until youtube ate it >.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
just pirate total video converter
smile.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jabmaster2 said:
im trying to put the file in a slideshow. is mp4 or mkv better

Well both are just file containers. MKV is better in my opinion, it can hold more formats/data types, and is also an open standard format, unlike mp4.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
i cant change the extension
In Windows Explorer, go to Tools - Folder Options - "View" tab - uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes" and hit Okay. Then you can see and change the extension as you see fit.

If you're using Vista and don't see a "Tools" menu, click on Organize - Layout - Menu Bar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Wario