Gaming Free Skype calls/VoIP

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi
Is there anyway I can make free calls to phones on skype without having to create accounts over and over again..
Or is there homebrew that supports free VOIP..
Thanks
yaypsp.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
No.

The simplest explanation I can give; It doesn't work like that.

The second-simplest; It's a service, there's actual fees from the phone companies involved. Skype pays these fees, and then makes up for it with what it's users pay to skype. You may as well be asking for a program to download to get xbox live gold for free, or a pay MMO account for free.

It's a service, not a static program.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
No.

The simplest explanation I can give; It doesn't work like that.

The second-simplest; It's a service, there's actual fees from the phone companies involved. Skype pays these fees, and then makes up for it with what it's users pay to skype. You may as well be asking for a program to download to get xbox live gold for free, or a pay MMO account for free.

It's a service, not a static program.

Well there are a few ways to play LIVE for free and to play MMOs for free but those are illegal and I shall not discuss here. Anyways, like Rydian said it is a service and it costs money, just like any service.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VoipCheap.com gives you something like 300 free minutes a month, so if there is a VoIP homebrew for PSP, it should give you what you seek.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
67birdman said:
Thanks, I don't know why VOIP requires to pay, its basically using your internet i guess..
It's using the internet on your end to access the actual phone lines on the other end, it still travels through the phone network, and any VOIP company has deals made with the phone companies and they pay them for use of the lines, so they have to make up the cost.

There's no way to get it for free because it's not a free service, period.

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But I have my phone line too, why doesn't it just use that through the internet to make the calls instead of buying another service which im never going to use..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Skype doesn't do that because you don't need skype to do that.

You can just get a modem (you know, originally used for dialup) and hook your phone line into the computer and use that. Windows 98 and such even included a "dialer" program by default for doing that.

I used to do it back in the time of dialup if I couldn't find the actual phone, just use the computer as a phone.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
Rydian said:
Those involve taking control of somebody else's account, which is not repeatable.

Oh no, I wasnt talking about that at all, thats just mean. I have other methods.
This is what happens when twelve year olds are allowed to play on the internet unsupervised.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
CrashmanX said:
Rydian said:
Those involve taking control of somebody else's account, which is not repeatable.

Oh no, I wasnt talking about that at all, thats just mean. I have other methods.
This is what happens when twelve year olds are allowed to play on the internet unsupervised.

Excuse me? Was that meant as an insult? If so I would most definitely like for you to explain yourself.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Rydian said:
He's stating that you're just BSing about having "other methods", like most 12-year olds do online.

Remember that "ZT" card thread? That's a shining example.
ZC Card you mean. But that was BS from the start. His videos contained so many flaws and his "exploit" was theoretically not possile at the time. I mean, loading roms from a special ZC card? Even the most elite hackers haven't figured out all the calls and assembly they have on their hard drives.

Might as well just do a AAC buffer overflow. That way, a tad more people might actually believe him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Large creep