PS1/2 Free Mcboot won't boot? Please help

ShinOkami25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I just purchased an FMCB memory card from http://www.ps2-mod.co.uk/

When I insert it into my PS2, it sometimes boots into a "There is no data" screen. The programs are there but when I try to load a program it says "There is no data". Other times it just boots into the regular browser/system configuration screen. Anyone know what the problem could be?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You actually paid someone for an FMCB card? Did you not have your own memory card where you could have just ship it to someone for installation?

What your PS2 full model number? Was the memory card you received a real Sony 8MB memory card?

ShinOkami25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You actually paid someone for an FMCB card? Did you not have your own memory card where you could have just ship it to someone for installation?

What your PS2 full model number? Was the memory card you received a real Sony 8MB memory card?

Yes, I paid for an FMCB memory card because I don't have any methods to install it :X And I've never shipped something before.

My PS2 model number is SCPH-77003. Here is a picture of the memory card I received:
DSC_0003[1].jpg

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know when it comes to unofficial memory card (like the one you received), FMCB is a hit or miss on them.

FMCB is designed to work on official memory card, which is Sony 8MB or its licensed memory card (Nyko 8MB, Mad Catz 8MB, and Katana 8/16MB)

You should stay away from these no name memory card anyway. They achieve high capacity by using compression, which doesn't work that well (if it works). This is why you should buy your own memory card and have someone else install it for you, so you don't get stuck with these bootleg memory card.

ShinOkami25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just so you know when it comes to unofficial memory card (like the one you received), FMCB is a hit or miss on them.

FMCB is designed to work on official memory card, which is Sony 8MB or its licensed memory card (Nyko 8MB, Mad Catz 8MB, and Katana 8/16MB)

You should stay away from these no name memory card anyway. They achieve high capacity by using compression, which doesn't work that well (if it works). This is why you should buy your own memory card and have someone else install it for you, so you don't get stuck with these bootleg memory card.

So do you think the problem is the memory card? Will Sony 8MB Magic Gate work?

Ps2guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
I don't know how to make a thread to get help on my own issues

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Before you delete this please guide me on how to make a thread of my own... please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-