Free McBoot install issues on a slim.

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by DrOctapu, Oct 19, 2014.

1. DrOctapu
    OP

DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Hell.
    Alright, so I'm using this guide to install free mcboot on my slim because I didn't check if the ebay seller was selling the media player version like a moron. It was going swimmingly up until I got to actually running the payload, because the cheats cause the action replay to crash on start and just flicker on the loading screen. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I was going to use the PS2 phat + PS1 game method, but I somehow managed to lose my phat. Is there any other way to get this shit working? I'm trying to avoid buying anything else.

2. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Not sure if you tired this yet but on that wordpress site you posted, the author states that if you have a Action Replay with the media player, to check this tutorial at SKSapps. My apologies if thats the guide you originally followed.

My experience with installing FMBC was pretty smooth as i did the 007 method coz i found the game in a second hand shop.

3. DrOctapu
    OP

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Hell.
    I don't have an AR with the media player, that guide's for people who don't.

4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    I think it would be much easier if you ask for someone to do it for you. I can install FMCB for you if you ship your memory card to me and pay for both way shipping.

5. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    Getting a FMCB memory card from ebay is even more simplier. It doesn't cost much more than a regular Memory Card, and it is ready to use.

6. DrOctapu
    OP

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Hell.
    Already invested in an action replay, gonna borrow a phat from a friend and use the independence exploit. Thanks for the help regardless.

7. free mcboot
    This message by free mcboot has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Oct 28, 2014.
    Oct 28, 2014