Free McBoot does not start

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by WiiPower, Mar 18, 2009.

Mar 18, 2009

Free McBoot does not start by WiiPower at 1:50 AM (4,505 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. WiiPower
    OP

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Hi i have 2 ps2 and Free MCBoot does only work on one. It's working on the not hardmodded V3 and not working on the hardmodded(don't know the chip, it's from 2003) V7. Whenever i switch my memory card between both playstations, i have to restart the playstation several times to get the card recognized, or else i get no data on BOTH ps2 in the browser. When the card is recognised Free MCBoot starts automatically on the V3, but on the V7 i can only browse the memory card.

Both ps2 are PAL and both are phat ones, so theoretically the Free McBoot memory card that works in the one should work in the other, right?

Could it be that the modchip interferes with Free McBoot?

In the menu i get the following information about my V7(translated to english):
    Console: SCPH-39004
    Browser: 1.20
    CD-player: 1.20
    playstation driver: 1.1
    DVD player: 2.13E

Or is the DVD player version bad? If yes, is there anything i can do about it?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Yes a mod chip can interfere with FreeMcBoot - which chip is it? And if your PS2 is chipped why would you bother with FMCB anyway?

Reason for edit:- Stupid grammar error.

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    thats what i would like to know :S

4. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Maybe he wants to install applications such as a SNES emulator and HDLoader? Is it possible to do all that without FMCB?

5. WiiPower
    OP

Germany
    Thank you for the info. I don't know which chip is inside, but i'm sure it doesn't have some kind of stealth mode, so i guess Free McBoot will never run on it. Why i want it? - Well, the laser is dead, and i wanted to play around with media center stuff and usb loading. Yes i know usb loading is very shitty on a ps2 because of usb1.1.

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Yes.

7. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    How so? I want to do all this

8. KeitaroBaka

Member KeitaroBaka Advanced Member

France
    Free MCBoot asks you at install if you want to install files just for this model of PS2 or all models. You said you have a V3 and V7, that may be the problem. Try reinstalling and read all information to install ALL files.

9. WiiPower
    OP

Germany
    I'm soo stupid. I did the multi install and then i got a black screen on the v7 when the memory card was inserted. I don't know why, but i thought the multi install was something for NTSC and PAL, but now that doesn't make sense to me. With the black screen i was sure the mod chip made Free McBoot not working, so i searched the bill of my modchip and found it. It's a Magic v3.1 and with the stealth mode enabled(pressing reset until the blue light is on) Free McBoot works now.