Not open for further replies.

B3DDO3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys what's with the people charging $20+ for private headers on eBay and other sites, its crazy when it only takes them seconds. Due to these extortionate prices I have decided to help out the community and offer private headers for free(ish). What I mean by free(ish) is that you send me a game or send me money for a game approx. $3. Then I will get the private headers for you and send the game to you for $5 postage that way they are private and nobody else can use them.

It could work out a lot better for the people that do not know how to or do not have access to the hardware, if you would like a brand new game obviously all you need to do is purchase that game and I will get the private headers for you. The cheapest game I can find is around $3 and if you just want the headers to play online and don't care about the game then this will be the best thing for you.

When sending you the headers I will also provide a detailed noob friendly guide on how to insert them into your games and play online more safely (I say more safely as nobody really knows what will get you banned).

I am interested what you all think of this idea, I just don't like the idea of people on eBay charging so much for something that is so easy. I used to do the same for jailbreaking iPhones and it helped a great deal of people who otherwise would have been charged a lot.

I have looked through the forum rules and could not see anything that says not to do this but I will not provide any other details until tomorrow, if I am breaking any rules let me know and I will take it down immediately.

RennyFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys what's with the people charging $20+ for private headers on eBay and other sites, its crazy when it only takes them seconds. Due to these extortionate prices I have decided to help out the community and offer private headers for free(ish). What I mean by free(ish) is that you send me a game or send me money for a game approx. $3. Then I will get the private headers for you and send the game to you for $5 postage that way they are private and nobody else can use them.

It could work out a lot better for the people that do not know how to or do not have access to the hardware, if you would like a brand new game obviously all you need to do is purchase that game and I will get the private headers for you. The cheapest game I can find is around $3 and if you just want the headers to play online and don't care about the game then this will be the best thing for you.

When sending you the headers I will also provide a detailed noob friendly guide on how to insert them into your games and play online more safely (I say more safely as nobody really knows what will get you banned).

I am interested what you all think of this idea, I just don't like the idea of people on eBay charging so much for something that is so easy. I used to do the same for jailbreaking iPhones and it helped a great deal of people who otherwise would have been charged a lot.

I have looked through the forum rules and could not see anything that says not to do this but I will not provide any other details until tomorrow, if I am breaking any rules let me know and I will take it down immediately.

It is because once a person dumps that game's header and sells it, they cannot go online with that cart anymore, because it is unsafe both for the person they sold it to, as well as themselves.

Someone just started a service like this on reddit a few days ago.

B3DDO3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking that's what these guys on eBay are doing selling the same so call private headers to multiple users hence making them public, less public I guess but still. I am not saying not to trust them and trust me, just saying it shouldn't cost so much for such an easy process I am guessing so many people get sucked in by them to get private headers and may still get banned. I will not sell the headers to anyone else as you purchase the game.

Just trying to help, I didn't know someone on reddit started doing this, I did look around but didn't notice and actually just put a post on there myself just now. That's great though nice to see less money grabbers and more helpful people. Hopefully we can help some people out and not cost them more than a few bucks plus getting a new game. (Albeit a pretty bad one I'm guessing if you go for the $3 option lol)

B3DDO3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, just trying to help, I completely agree I am a stranger with 6 posts. I am offering an alternative to the expensive eBay guys who are also strangers.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You have to have 100 posts before you can offer trades/sells as there's a specific section of the forum for this and you can't access it until you have a 100 posts.

Even if it's free, someone still has to spend money on shipping and ship it hoping the person they sent it to didn't decide to keep it and not send anything back.

B3DDO3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CCDD, yes you can just insert the header into your other games there is a youtube video showing you how to do it and he actually uses that very game :).

Apache Thunder, thank you for letting me know, I am new here but hopefully will be a full fledged member soon and get those 100 easy for now though I will just advise. Again thank you for letting me know.

Kuifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CCDD, yes you can just insert the header into your other games there is a youtube video showing you how to do it and he actually uses that very game :).

Apache Thunder, thank you for letting me know, I am new here but hopefully will be a full fledged member soon and get those 100 easy for now though I will just advise. Again thank you for letting me know.
Can you please give me the link to said video?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
That guy on ebay from texas, USA just says in the description "it's a game i don't use anymore" Sorry bud, that's not enough reassurance for me that you won't go online with it....

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Nice offer, thank you! If you intend to offer that service, however, do you know about this? To put it short, the memory type of the game you get (the 'private header game') must match the memory type of the games people want to play. Around 90% of games are of the Macronix ('C2') type, but some popular ones like SSMB are not. Nothing that you can do about this, but you should at least know.

BTW, what about people from other countries interested in your service? You won't be able to send the game for $5 to, f.e. germany. Although I hate to even suggest this (cartridges are cultural assets, too!), maybe destroy the cartridge after pulling the header and send proof in form of a photo instead?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice offer, thank you! If you intend to offer that service, however, do you know about this? To put it short, the memory type of the game you get (the 'private header game') must match the memory type of the games people want to play. Around 90% of games are of the Macronix ('C2') type, but some popular ones like SSMB are not. Nothing that you can do about this, but you should at least know.

BTW, what about people from other countries interested in your service? You won't be able to send the game for $5 to, f.e. germany. Although I hate to even suggest this (cartridges are cultural assets, too!), maybe destroy the cartridge after pulling the header and send proof in form of a photo instead?

The memory type can be adjusted independently of the header (Unique ID) itself, such that one header from any manufacturer can be made to work with any other. It just requires using a tool like Gateway Rom Patcher or Sky Army Knife.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As mentioned, the buying/selling/trading sections of the forum are reserved for regular members with 100 or more posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.