Homebrew free haxchi alternative announced

jam1garner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Madridi don't worry about that it is completely offline, they can't do anything
@jam1garner

My understanding is that the app is just a front end app. Meaning they can change how it works from amazon's end, and for you to get a working app again, you would have to update it, which will obviously have tha hack patched.

YouTube from what I remember did something similar on the 3ds. I don't remember it entirely since I never used it so maybe someone can further elaborate.

Other than that, good luck :)
It is not possible for them to force an update in any way. It's contenthax based, and will work offline just fine.

Reactions: GarnetSunset

jam1garner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't find it neither
In that case PAL might have to use a cheaper than DS but not free title.
Free:
-Wii Street U (removed)
-Amazon Video (removed for PAL?)

Not free:
-TITANS TOWER
-Y.A.S.G
-PANDA LOVE
-A couple other garbage things you probably don't have

Not sure these would work out of the box with something made with amazon video because it seems to be made with a different version of NWF than the rest, although I guess I'm willing to try and make it work... will have to see after I finish a version for NTSC/PAL(for those with it still)

Alpha_GX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In that case PAL might have to use a cheaper than DS but not free title.
Free:
-Wii Street U (removed)
-Amazon Video (removed for PAL?)

Not free:
-TITANS TOWER
-Y.A.S.G
-PANDA LOVE
-A couple other garbage things you probably don't have

Not sure these would work out of the box with something made with amazon video because it seems to be made with a different version of NWF than the rest, although I guess I'm willing to try and make it work... will have to see after I finish a version for NTSC/PAL(for those with it still)
Can I install one of these with wupinstaller?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
probably not.
you need a clean and legit ticket or you can't launch it.

if you already have signature patched, you don't need it anymore.

wouldn't it be better to announce a working and available (released) hack, instead of advertising it before release?
a lot of drama and ban/thread closed was due to users announcing unreleased hack. We all know people can't support not having things right now.
Also, telling nintendo or anyone which titles have vulnerabilities before release is a little strange, but let's say they won't remove/update them before the hack release.

Last edited by Cyan,

Alpha_GX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
probably not.
you need to clean and legit ticket or you can't launch it.

wouldn't it be better to announce a working and available (released) hack, instead of advertising it before release?
a lot of drama and ban/thread closed was due to users announcing unreleased hack. We all know people can't support not having things right now.
Also, telling nintendo or anyone which titles have vulnerabilities before release is a little strange, but let's say they won't remove/update them before the hack release.
Yeah I found it on USBHelper but it's CFW only.

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy! Now I don't have to blow six bucks in brain age! But i use the Amazon video app... It wonk work after I install haxci.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, it won't work anymore if you edit its content (contenthax based)

maybe you can get another amazon app, edit its titleID and reinstall into another slot. it will require cfw to launch but you can get cfw from the official one first ?
it's just hypothetical. no idea if possible.

I also don't know if you can use that amazon as CBHC title. you might have to manually launch it after every reboot.

jam1garner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably not.
you need to clean and legit ticket or you can't launch it.

Frankly I'm more worried about finishing this with nobody being able to use it then a couple random GBATemp users getting their hopes up if I don't finish/release in a timely manner. And at this point I would be more surprised if they took it down because they know hacks are possible than if they took it down because the service is being taken down by amazon. Considering a number of titles are affected, and taking down 10ish titles isn't really reasonable given it's just some dude on twitter saying stuff. Not like they really have the resources to patch it tbh... I doubt anyone has worked on nintendo web framework in years. If people heed my warnings I've given here and on twitter multiple times and don't get their hopes up so much then I don't see an issue. Sorry if it makes your job as moderator slightly harder but there isn't really much of an issue.

Edit: Oops forgot to respond to this:
"I also don't know if you can use that amazon as CBHC title. you might have to manually launch it after every reboot."
it could be used, the payload it launches could be just about anything, should be just as simple as swapping the payload and running a script.

Last edited by jam1garner,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice! It seems not to be on the EUR eShop though, typical
I just checked the eshop and its showing on the eshop for me here in Scotland which as im sure you know is in europe lol.

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    767.8 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Prince ofhell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-