Hacking Fragmentation error every time I add or delete

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I know what that fragmentation error is all about.

However, when I used kingston class 4 16GB, I could always add new games without getting the error.

Recently, after getting Samsung 32GB Class 10, every time I add or remove games, I get the fragmentation error for every single game in the microSD card.

First few times I was Ok with, but its so damn annoying -.- I have to move all files over, format and copy back again :/

Any solution to that?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I know what that fragmentation error is all about.

However, when I used kingston class 4 16GB, I could always add new games without getting the error.

Recently, after getting Samsung 32GB Class 10, every time I add or remove games, I get the fragmentation error for every single game in the microSD card.

First few times I was Ok with, but its so damn annoying -.- I have to move all files over, format and copy back again :/

Any solution to that?
There was a tool somewhere on the forum that partially defragments your MicroSD card (it defragments only what is needed to get rid of the fragmentation error and is very fast), you could use that.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-microsd-tool.369165/

Your problem is odd though. Games that were already working shouldn't suddenly start giving fragmentation errors.

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this problem occasionally, not nearly as much as you, and I think we might have the same Samsung card. I think maybe 1 in every 4 games gets a fragmentation error, but usually if I delete it and load it back on there it fixes itself.

I heard the problem is actually less likely to happen if you load all the games onto the card simultaneously, rather than just 1 or a few at a time.
Here, found where I heard that:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/282080-Fragmentation-error-solution
He says to defrag or just move the files all in one action.
doodad said:
Well, copying them all together in a single operation was what I meant. The OS will copy them one by one (at least linux and Windows), so it will be kinda the same, not like copying them together in separate operations running at the same time, that would fragment everything for sure.
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I did wrong each time I had the error. I copied them with separate operations running simultaneously.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am still having this issue guys.
Every time I add or remove a game from the micro sd, I cant run ANY games at all. I get the fragmentation error.
This is happening with 3 different microSD cards.

Is there any tool I can use to add remove 3ds roms from microSD?

Cuz its getting ridiculous. I am testing a lot of rom hacks and thats making me format the sd card each time, due to the fact that I am adding/removing roms lol

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you format, do you use your OS format tool?
Had you tried the formatter from the SD association? https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
I do both.
The issue is, every time I add a new game to the microSD's, I get the defragmention error for every game.
newly added and older ones..

So what I have to do is, each time copy everything over to pc and format and copy them back.
takes ages...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: