Hardware Found the best switch case available

D

Deleted-355425

Looks cool but will ruin the ergonomics of the switch for me i'm afraid, plus i'm interested to see if it causes any issues with retaining heat.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted-355425

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that one looks really good, i think it will provide great grip.
plus the back is super slim , but i believe it will be somewhat pricey nay ?

40$ ? but it is kind of okay as you get both a case and a pouch.
if they will have the option to choose only the case for 20$, then i will get their case as i already own a pouch.
You sadly can't (and won't) be able to get the case separately, and it fits into the dock WHILE the case is on, so that's all good.

StonedPurple

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean the hybrid one is light ?
i hope so, could you please tell me how it feels in the hand, to the touch.

is it smooth or is it slippery , and most importantly is it Matt finish or not..?

i loathe fingerprints/oily smudges etc..
I have the bigger one, the one I linked to in the OP. It feels like an OtterBox but for your switch. I would say it has a hard rubber feel to it. It's smooth, not slippery and definitely has a matte finish. I don't think oil and fingerprints will be a problem. I played my switch for several hours yesterday with it on and it never got slippery or oily from sweat.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
definitely has a matte finish. I don't think oil and fingerprints will be a problem. I played my switch for several hours yesterday with it on and it never got slippery or oily from sweat.
so glad about this, thanks for confirming.
and the moment i actually saw this case it reminded me of otterbox phone cases (never owned any) i usually go for supcases (they are also sort of rugged).

one more thing i'd like to know about this switch case, is how is the weight for long play times, does it get /feel heavy after a while?
i have some rubber gels on my joycons and they feel very heavy after playing some 10-20 minutes :l

and ohw one more thing, i watched some video about some (transparent case) for the switch and he was giving positive feedback about how the joy cons do not studder and jiggle when playing on his switch thanks to the case.

i have that problem with my current gel grips , and without them on as well, my joy cons move abit when i tilt my switch abit, you know what i mean ?
like they jiggle abit ,not totally snug as they are detachable i'd guess?

so my last question is ,does this case also cover the sides (tightly) so much that you do not feel that jiggle of the joy cons?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I beat you to it :P
The half cases with a lip around the screen are the best IMO. They protect against most drops without sacrificing functionality.

It makes the dock unusable? No thanks.
This might be the best Switch case: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1274541538/switchcase-case-with-replaceable-grips-for-nintend

This one is very light weight as well. I would say it doesn't even weigh half a pound. It definitely doesn't make the switch heavy. I switched from joycon grips to this case and am super happy with the case.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That case is pretty cool but with how things it is, I'd be worried about it protecting the switch. Also, I said best case available. That case isn't available yet.
It's obviously not designed to protect against drops when it's out of the pouch, but the case + pouch combo is really nice especially as it fits all the accessories you could possibly need, minus the original dock but I backed this one and the SFANS adapter so I'm covered when it comes to that too.

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat you to it :P

It's obviously not designed to protect against drops when it's out of the pouch, but the case + pouch combo is really nice especially as it fits all the accessories you could possibly need, minus the original dock but I backed this one and the SFANS adapter so I'm covered when it comes to that too.
Wait... WHAT?! I thought I was the first to post that one..?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

That makes the Switch much like a PSP, Vita or 3DS in the sense of being a handheld and nothing more. I.e., you can't remove the Joy-Cons.

StonedPurple

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so glad about this, thanks for confirming.
and the moment i actually saw this case it reminded me of otterbox phone cases (never owned any) i usually go for supcases (they are also sort of rugged).

one more thing i'd like to know about this switch case, is how is the weight for long play times, does it get /feel heavy after a while?
i have some rubber gels on my joycons and they feel very heavy after playing some 10-20 minutes :l

and ohw one more thing, i watched some video about some (transparent case) for the switch and he was giving positive feedback about how the joy cons do not studder and jiggle when playing on his switch thanks to the case.

i have that problem with my current gel grips , and without them on as well, my joy cons move abit when i tilt my switch abit, you know what i mean ?
like they jiggle abit ,not totally snug as they are detachable i'd guess?

so my last question is ,does this case also cover the sides (tightly) so much that you do not feel that jiggle of the joy cons?
The weight does not bother me one bit. It does feel much sturdier with the case on. I know what you mean about the joycons wiggling and feeling kinda loose and this case completely alleviates that problem. It makes the switch feel like one sturdy connected unit. Also, holding it with one hand feels much better while using this case. I no longer feel like a joycon will break off.

It does also also cover the sides nicely. The only part not covered by the case is the front and the triggers. It covers the back, top, bottom and sides and has a lip that goes all the way around the edge of the switch. It even has a spot to attach a lanyard!

Last edited by StonedPurple,
Reactions: leonmagnus99
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The weight does not bother me one bit. It does feel much sturdier with the case on. I know what you mean about the joycons wiggling and feeling kinda loose and this case completely alleviates that problem. It makes the switch feel like one sturdy connected unit. Also, holding it with one hand feels much better while using this case. I no longer feel like a joycon will break off.

It does also also cover the sides nicely. The only part not covered by the case is the front and the triggers. It covers the back, top, bottom and sides and has a lip that goes all the way around the edge of the switch. It even has a spot to attach a lanyard!
It's a good, solid, protective shell case but if the consumer wanted to insert it back on the dock it wouldn't fit or just to remove the Joy-Cons from it as they're tacked in.

StonedPurple

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a good, solid, protective shell case but if the consumer wanted to insert it back on the dock it wouldn't fit or just to remove the Joy-Cons from it as they're tacked in.
It's not hard to remove. It's a bit tighter than that case on Kickstarter is to remove, but that just makes it seem all the more secure. It's not a bad case for out of carry case protection. Having to remove the case to remove joycons and dock it seem like first world problems to me. I hardly ever dock mine though, I mostly use it in handheld mode and charge it that way as well. If you dock a lot you might be better off with the other case but for me this one is perfect.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a proud owner of this case and it is seriously the best case for it. the only con I have is the fact that it doesn't have a stand. I am actually looking for someone to 3d print the test attachment I have made for the case. Eventually I want to kickstart the attachment it will be an adhesive that attaches to the case itself.

Is anyone interested I have already made the 3d file

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a proud owner of this case and it is seriously the best case for it. the only con I have is the fact that it doesn't have a stand. I am actually looking for someone to 3d print the test attachment I have made for the case. Eventually I want to kickstart the attachment it will be an adhesive that attaches to the case itself.

I have a 3d printer, but don't have the case (yet). I'll probably be buying the case today. Just have to recalibrate my printer and then I should be able to start printing today.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just bought it. If you want you can send me the file so I can get it printed. The case will arrive sunday, and if you send it tonight it should be printed by tomorrow

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
that one looks really good, i think it will provide great grip.
plus the back is super slim , but i believe it will be somewhat pricey nay ?

40$ ? but it is kind of okay as you get both a case and a pouch.
if they will have the option to choose only the case for 20$, then i will get their case as i already own a pouch.
The price is right for a high quality case + pouch, I think.
Especially since it comes with a free tempered glass screen protector (stretch goal) ;)
Your existing pouch won't work with it anyway. Read the FAQ, they decided to include a pouch with it because you'll never be able to find a pouch that fits it otherwise.
Their pouch fits the console with grip case + powerbank/power adapter (both at once if your powerbank isn't too huge) + USB cable + several joycon pairs or wrist straps or similar + lots of games, or anything else you could imagine.
It probably won't fit the original dock (that thing is huge) but I backed the SFANS adapter: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sfans-makes-your-nintendo-switch-truly-portable-games-videogames which would fit easily.
That pouch should easily fit the SFANS with stand, original power adapter, JoyCon straps, JoyCons, USB cable, all my games and my powerbank. Which is all I would want really, not planning on bringing the pro controller around with me everywhere, when I want to bring the Switch that's basically all I'll ever bring, so it covers all the bases.
Wait... WHAT?! I thought I was the first to post that one..?
Nope :P

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night