XP
Country
United States
I'll let the picture do the talking.
Make: Onn (Walmart store brand)
Model: ONA16TA004
Description on packaging:. Universal Tablet Stand
Cost: Roughly $8.00

My thoughts: Well built and felt sturdy. The entire surface of the stand is covered with rubber touch material, and is matte is appearance. Folds compact and fits into the accessory pocket of my GameStop bought travel case for the Switch. Once unfolded, the part that holds the tablet/Switch is lined with thick cushioning rubber/silicone (not sure of exact material), holds the Switch firmly in place and stops right at the line where the glass surface meets the plastic casing of the Switch. It felt as if the thing itself is meant for the Switch. Overall, very happy with my purchase.

Picture gallore below
IMG_20170306_102748.jpg
IMG_20170306_102956.jpg
IMG_20170306_103015.jpg

IMG_20170306_103121.jpg

IMG_20170306_102800.jpg

IMG_20170306_103136.jpg

IMG_20170306_103146.jpg

view

Last edited by vhs120lp,
Reactions: NekoMichi

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll let the picture do the talking.
Make: Onn (Walmart store brand)
Model: ONA16TA004
Description on packaging:. Universal Tablet Stand
Cost: Roughly $8.00

My thoughts: Well built and felt sturdy. The entire surface of the stand is covered with rubber touch material, and is matte is appearance. Folds compact and fits into the accessory pocket of my GameStop bought travel case for the Switch. Once unfolded, the part that holds the tablet/Switch is lined with thick cushioning rubber/silicone (not sure of exact material), holds the Switch firmly in place and stops right at the line where the glass surface meets the plastic casing of the Switch. It felt as if the thing itself is meant for the Switch. Overall, very happy with my purchase.

Picture gallore below
view
The problem with that stand is that it doesn't angle the switch at all.

vhs120lp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to angle, it does angle, though the angle is not adjustable. It's a good viewing angle for me, and by approximation, I would say it's about 60 degrees.

Last edited by vhs120lp,

vhs120lp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool, but it doesn't address charging while in tabletop mode.
Since I'm at work right now, can't test on my idea of just drilling through the stand itself for a passthrough solution. As of right now, what I noticed is that if I slide the Switch so that the stand is gripping it on the left edge, it will hold just fine. The charging port is then open for it to be plugged in.

Reactions: thorasgar

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use either of the Wii U gamepad stands (standard or the charging dock), that seems to work just great. I'd like to marge the charging dock (getting a second one first so I could still charge my Wii U gamepad in the charging stand), by removing the pass through port and snaking the USB-C cord through it. Seems simple enough, though I really question why such a thing doesn't already exist.

But this is what it looks like:

7mjY2ML.jpg

vhs120lp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.../QUOTE]
I don't own a Wii U, so didn't know about that option, but looks like it will work great too. I'm pretty sure they will sell better options in the days ahead, but as for me, it was something convenient and cheap. It sure beats the kickstand they included.

vhs120lp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a silicone grip from Wal-Mart as well, 7 bucks and it comes left and right cover and thumbsticks cover. It also adds some padded grip to the bottom of the joy-cons, which makes it more comfortable to grab.

Reactions: kingraa777

vhs120lp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said above, it's something I picked up while out shopping (convenience.) It was cheap and readily available. I will eventually get the Hori stand. Just making a post to add options for those looking.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a Wii U, so didn't know about that option, but looks like it will work great too. I'm pretty sure they will sell better options in the days ahead, but as for me, it was something convenient and cheap. It sure beats the kickstand they included.

The kickstand does its job, I have no real issue with it. I only want a dock if it can be a charging dock. But since I have the Wii U gamepad docks, I'll use them anytime I want to use tabletop mode(which honestly isn't a mode I intend to use much anyway, unless I'm on a plane or something and the person I'm traveling with wants to play a video game with me. Otherwise I'll mostly be using the Console and Handheld modes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters