Forsakens cSM - Any News?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Screemer, Apr 16, 2009.

Apr 16, 2009

Forsakens cSM - Any News? by Screemer at 5:40 PM (2,143 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. Screemer
    OP

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    hi folks. fors is posting and helping in a couple of usb loader threads and his work is highly appreciated, but is he still working on his cSM? there have been no updates about it on his blog for more than two month now. i asked a couple of time in threads he posted but got no response. sorry if this thread bothers anybody. i am just curious about cSM. in my eyes it was one of the most promising project besides bootmii, preloader, and a hand full of others.

2. MightyMouse

Member MightyMouse GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i think cSM has been deBunked.

no offence to Fors, its just missed its slot.

3. kimikal27

Member kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Ireland
    well, by what append and i seen fors do (nothing) i think CSSM was just there private joke and nothing else, it sounded to good to be true and probably is

4. MightyMouse

United Kingdom
    i dont think it was a joke dude, i jus think with dev issues and spare time problems it was eventually surpassed by other things.

hopefully with BootMii coming about soon hopefully Fors will pick up dev again now that its alot safer.

5. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    With all those hacks these days, I doubt if there is anything that cSSM could add. We already have (almost) everything we could dream about (like custom themes, backup launching, now even from HDD and gc backups + bootmii coming up, and the ComeXploit), so I don't really see what cSSM could give us.

6. MightyMouse

United Kingdom
    one of the main attractive features Fors speculated on was totally redesigning the manner in which the system menu acted, and also been able to update from our own location so for example

we could download and install new IOS's with hassle..

we dont know what he was upto, hopefully a full status update would clarify this.

*hint**hint* lol

7. Screemer
    OP

Germany
    the biggest plus for me was the one-for-all application. no need for healthii, softmii and all the other stuff.

8. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    he was also going to have a nintedo update block...

9. Puma

Member Puma GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If I recall, he also had a built in channel manager planned.

10. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    to me it wasn't a joke, he might have fropped it for now, but we might hear from it once all the usbloader hype will slow down.

11. syst3merror

Member syst3merror GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm guessing his idea really DID exist, but now there are so many other applications that beat his to the punch that we'll never hear anything else. No big loss.

12. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Well, I don't say that Fosaekn can't code, I think he proofed that he can...but not updateting for such a long time is stupid, and makes it looks like it was a fake from the first second...and this happend to me...for me, this project is dead. I'm realy dissapointed, since I wanted to belive and believed for a long time on this...but giving no news and just hope that nobody recognizes this is just poor...I might be wrong, hell I still hope that this is real, and will be released, but like I said...hope...not belive...

I would be surprised and happy if it is true, and I would love to use it since, no fear of Nintendo's Updates would be awesome, always be up-to-date without loosing something, but...yeah...no news=fake for me. Guess I'll stick with simply don't update then...

13. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Why do you want cSM from forsaekn when Softmii is eactly the same thing...??? and even better cause now we have preloader wich is a brick protection...!! [​IMG]

14. cyanide64

Newcomer cyanide64 Member

Canada
    I recall hearing something about being able to have multiple setups installed. Being able to switch from 3.2(or 4.0) to something completely customized would be awesome. Also with a completely redone sys menu it could also be launched/stored on those USB drives we all seem to have lurking next to our wiis. NAND drive are supposed to have a 5-7 year life after all.

softmii >= cSM ...........i seriously doubt

15. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    you can dual boot already if you want to, pretty sure you can even dual boot from a DVD, never tried it though.

just be super nifty, install the system menu numero uno you want, lets say, 3.2, then run starfall, or no need if you used ARCmod05a,

then extract the app file of the sysmenu, and rename it to sys32.dol to boot with preloader or main.dol to boot from disc,
    making sure the IOS it uses are on your wii already.

then install the other sm you want, and then use preloader or a dvd to boot the dol.
    once it is loaded, you should be able to hotswap to a game or something, but going to settings, youd prolly need to keep the dvd in.

16. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    then you haven't read very much at GBATemp, I even remember the thread about CSSM, wich it was the project between Forsaekn and Jizmo together (or it was DD..?? [​IMG]) and that's how softmii's themes began..!! [​IMG]

17. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    yep, ether is right.

18. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    it was mainly digity at first with the themes, he moved on from just "Establishing" the hacking wiki to that.

19. MightyMouse

United Kingdom
    i think it was clarky and digity who released the first custom healthscreen in the first SoftMii package.

but anyway, Fors CSM was ment to be alot more than just textures replacements.

but we'll probably never know.

20. Screemer
    OP

Germany
    simply because cSM is not like softmii. it was meant to be a replacement of the current SM and not just a dirty hack with texture replacement. additionally it was said to have a lot of features softmii is lacking. like possibility to update from a patched server and such.

and the other thing is. i don't like the approach of softmii.