• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Formula 1

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Pleng

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Official statement from Mercedes explaining why they have dropped their protest.
mercedesamgf1_20211216_1.jpg

mercedesamgf1_20211216_2.jpg

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't make sense. If they thought what happened was wrong then the best way to fight that would be to appeal and get it overturned. They could still have a commission to discuss what's best going forward regardless of any appeal. They dropped it because Lewis didn't want to look like a sore loser, plain and simple.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
That doesn't make sense. If they thought what happened was wrong then the best way to fight that would be to appeal and get it overturned. They could still have a commission to discuss what's best going forward regardless of any appeal. They dropped it because Lewis didn't want to look like a sore loser, plain and simple.
TBH, a result change weeks after the fact will do no good for F1. I think Verstappen didn't deserved the title, but the huge asterisk that he carries now is well deserved for a dirty cheater like himself.

Anyway this season is what happens when F1 put their reality show before the motorsports.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Audi and Porsche on the Way to join "German" Formula 1.

Since the World Motorsport Federation (FIA) gave the green light for more environmentally friendly drive systems for racing cars, the two Volkswagen subsidiaries can, according to insiders, begin to concretise their long-known plans.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Audi and Porsche on the Way to join "German" Formula 1.
The two companies have the belief that they will be a force in F1 in much the same way as lamborghini thought the same back in the 90s and we all know how big a disaster Lambo were back then :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
And now it should be really get better ?

Mohammed Ben Sulayem replaces Jean Todt as president The FIA has chosen the successor to Jean Todt, who is leaving office after 12 years: Mohammed Ben Sulayem, first non-European president.

The General Assembly of the World Automobile Federation on Friday elected Mohammed Ben Sulayem to succeed Jean Todt. Todt had spent twelve years and three terms at the head of the association, and thus reached the tenure limit.
The new president is now 60-year-old Mohammed Ben Sulayem, a former rally driver from the United Arab Emirates who also took part in World Rally Championship races.
After his active career, he rose in motorsport politics. For the past two decades he has served on the FIA's World Motorsport Council and served as Vice President for Sports. Under him, Formula 1 came to Abu Dhabi.

And "Let Michael pass for the Championship" Jean Todt maybe come back to Formula 1 (Ferrari ?).....
Ross Brawn Formula 1 Sports Director.....

Well.....if they say so.....hopefully Flavio Briatore also comes back.....

Good night,Formula 1.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I've been "taking a break from social media" for a while and I didn't want to respond to this thread directly after the last race as I thought it best to let emotions settle first.

Having had time to reflect, at the end of the day the last 3 or 4 races were total clusterf*cks of horrifically poor and inconsistent stewarding and full of incidents where the race director just appeared to be making things up as he went. Safety car inconsistencies and offering teams deals on grid positions to name but two very public and very bazaar faux pas. I honestly didn't think it would be possible to have a worse race director following Charlie Whiting and, while Masi doesn't have blood on his hands, in every other way he has absolutely out-crapped Whiting in the role.

I'm not so sure Max's first championship will be tainted in the years to come. Max did drive a great campaign in general; depite some of his driving perhaps being a little over the line of what many of us deem acceptable. Michael Schumacher's first championship wasn't and Max himself actually didn't do anything personally to influence the result unlike Schumacher in 1994.

I hear the comments about F1 turning into WWE and it's difficult to argue against the accusations that the decisions were made in order to make the race/championship more exciting, rather than to do the right thing.

The only, extremely minor, positive in my view will be the return of the number 1 to the grid. I always missed seeing the champion carrying the number 1 while defending his crown the next year.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
As for looking forward and ways to prevent a similar situation even having a chance to occur...

As far as I'm concerned, and I think I even raised it in this thread before, cars pitting under the safety car should face a 5 or 10 second wait before work can be done on thier car, much the same way they do when they have a time penalty.

This negates most of the advantage of pitting under the safety car. I mean it's pretty ironic that a "safety" car coming on to track usually leads to a huge fluster of knee jerk reactions and half the field storming into the pit lane at the same time.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As for looking forward and ways to prevent a similar situation even having a chance to occur...

As far as I'm concerned, and I think I even raised it in this thread before, cars pitting under the safety car should face a 5 or 10 second wait before work can be done on thier car, much the same way they do when they have a time penalty.

This negates most of the advantage of pitting under the safety car. I mean it's pretty ironic that a "safety" car coming on to track usually leads to a huge fluster of knee jerk reactions and half the field storming into the pit lane at the same time.
Yes exactly that would work perfectly. The current rules need to change because whoever is leading the race is somewhat the only one penalised if a safety car comes out. If the leader pits then the second place car just stays out and takes the lead. And if the leader stays out the second place car and everyone else pits and gets the advantage of fresher tyres.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Yes exactly that would work perfectly. The current rules need to change because whoever is leading the race is somewhat the only one penalised if a safety car comes out. If the leader pits then the second place car just stays out and takes the lead. And if the leader stays out the second place car and everyone else pits and gets the advantage of fresher tyres.
Netflix and Instagram fans love that kind of shit, and F1 is targeting them as audience, not us. That's why I believe that very little will change, if any changes happen.

Now I believe you remember, but not long ago, safety car deployment meant pit lane closed, period. I believe either Hamilton or Vettel lost P1 after a penalty for ignoring this very rule. Race direction would open the pit lane just after some laps.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Now I believe you remember, but not long ago, safety car deployment meant pit lane closed, period. I believe either Hamilton or Vettel lost P1 after a penalty for ignoring this very rule. Race direction would open the pit lane just after some laps.

Yea I think I do remember that now you mention it.... I wonder why it changed?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HONDA / Helmut Marko confirms to stay with RED BULL until 2025.

https://www.krone.at/2614720

Units are made "done for" in Japan.
Christian Horner, December 2021:

We're a drinks company that makes racing cars. We can make engines too.

Christian Horner, January 2022:

What... you thought I was serious? SOOOOOO gullible hahaha I'm so funny.

• Haha
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.