Formatting Wii Memory help

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Techs, Jul 12, 2009.

Jul 12, 2009

Formatting Wii Memory help by Techs at 12:52 PM (859 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    I'm currently running a 3.2E with a modchip i had installed (im not sure which one) by someone else, i wish to upgrade from 3.2 to 4.0, i know you have to uninstall all the cIOS to do this, iv tried anytitle delter and also the cIOS uninstaller but for some reason neither of these have worked for me so im going to format my wii memory, the problem is that i downloaded plenty of channels for free and when i format my wii i was wondering if i could do the same again (such as the wii speak channel and the internet channel) can anyone clarify that i would or would not be able to do this please?

2. Snave2008

Member Snave2008 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Who told you that that you had to uninstall all CIOS to upgrade? If you do that you're asking for trouble - especially the whole formatting bit. Definitely DON'T do that!

Just follow this handy guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

EDIT - And to answer your question: Yes you can redownload any channels you had before.

3. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    The reason i have to remove them is because i've tried installing the new cIOS but i keep getting an error (ret - 1022) (i think) and it never works for me, but even after trying to remove them and instalkling, iv tried both methods and even they dont work

EDIT: also, i installed bootmii but i cant do anything with it, my wii remote wont turn on and i dont have a gamecube controller so i have to reset it

EDIT 2: i tried using the power and reset buttons on the wii and pressing them briefly but that doesnt work either

4. Snave2008

United Kingdom
    It would be great if someone could confirm this before you go ahead and do this (although I'm fairly certain that you can't do any damage this way) but that error can be fixed with using CIOS and IOS downgraders.

Just reinstall 3.2E using CIOS Downgrader and then run IOS Downgrader and I think you'll then be able to install WADS and you can follow the guide I linked you to earlier.

As I said though, would be great for someone to double check this before you go ahead with it.

5. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    Well, i've now attempted to installed cIOSrev13 i just found on the internet via network installation, but im getting the error (ret = - 2011) and this is what i get EVERY time i use it. I'll make an attempt with the downgraders and upgraders first before i throw my wii up the wall

6. Snave2008

United Kingdom
    It's really frustrating me because I had the same problem where I couldn't install WADS and kept getting the same error - but I just cannot remember exactly how it was fixed. I'm sure I had trouble following the October 23rd update (which makes sense that reinstalling a fresh 3.2E would fix the problem)

I'll keep hunting and post back if I find anything else for ya.

7. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    no need, i just located a fix for it via patching IOS15 to IOS16 using a WAD then using a modded WAD manager that uses IOS16 to install cIOS_fix.WAD, iv just tried installin cIOS rev 13 and it worked like a charm.

8. Snave2008

United Kingdom
    Awesome stuff. Glad to hear my suggestion had nothing to do with the solution!!