Hacking Hardware Homebrew Formatting the console on which the region changed

eyakens

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi, a few weeks ago I changed the region of my console from Japanese to European. After that, I noticed that the console stopped running games like Super smash bros, mario maker, captain toad and others. On one of the forums, I read that one dude fixed it by formatting the console. If I format my console, will I not brick it?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, a few weeks ago I changed the region of my console from Japanese to European. After that, I noticed that the console stopped running games like Super smash bros, mario maker, captain toad and others. On one of the forums, I read that one dude fixed it by formatting the console. If I format my console, will I not brick it?
DO NOT DO THAT. Resetting the console with a region change will brick the console.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look at Section VI of the hacks guide to fix extended memory games like Smash.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DO NOT DO THAT. Resetting the console with a region change will brick the console.
You have mixed up two things: Uninstalling CFW on region changed 3DS will lead to a brick. Throwing away the user profile ("Format System Memory") is fine.

Hey, will this section reset my console settings to Japanese?
No. It won't change the installed titles. Backup any important data (for example savegames by using Checkpoint) before formatting.

eyakens

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
You have mixed up two things: Uninstalling CFW on region changed 3DS will lead to a brick. Throwing away the user profile ("Format System Memory") is fine.

No. It won't change the installed titles. Backup any important data (for example savegames by using Checkpoint) before formatting.
View attachment 384428what if i don't find image ctrtransfer.bin?
Post automatically merged:

Look at Section VI of the hacks guide to fix extended memory games like Smash.
Thank you! U really helped me

Last edited by eyakens,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto