Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Specs:

NTSC-U Wii
3.2U
D2Pro9 Modchip

Today I decided to clean up because I wanted to go download Internet channel from the Wii Shop Channel.

So I deleted all my CIOS's (249,254,222).
Removed all my homebrew channels (including HBC).
Returned menu theme to original and reinstalled a system wad.
Dumped my Miis to SD.
Removed all save files and deleted all Game data using AnyTitle Deleter.
Removed all traces of homebrew using AnyTitle Deleter. (ie DVDX)
Removed Preloader.
Finally formatted my wii system memory.

After this I had to go through all the crap setting up my wii. Configuring internet connection etc.

I used the modchip method of installing the homebrew channel beta 8.
Next, I installed a shop channel wad and ios61 I found on a site so that I could access the Shop channel without having to update to 4.0.
I went to the shop channel and it worked like a charm. I downloaded my internet channel and rebooted.

After that I turned off all WC24 crap and decided to bring all my homebrew apps back.

Launched up Homebrew channel and since it was on Beta 7 it asked me to update to 1.0.1. I clicked yes and proceeded with the installation. When it asked me to accept and starting updating. It just crashed and said update failed. This happens everytime. I used to have 1.0.1 and I can't stand this shitty beta 7. I figured it could be the IOS61 interfering with updating since that was a 4.0 IOS so i removed it using wad manager. No I'm not an idiot I had Preloader on before I did that. I tried updating HBC again but it didn't work.

I figured I could update later so i proceeded installing all my homebrew channels, usb loader, usb game channels etc and changed the system menu.

After that I needed to copy all my save files over from SD to wii. So I played each of my games once so the wii would let me copy the saves over. When I got to my Smash Bros Brawl disc, which worked fine before i decided to "Clean" my wii doesn't work anymore. Everytime I insert, it tells me to eject the disc and shutdown the wii. After that shock, i moved onto to my other games SMG, Mario Kart and after installing those updates, Smash still didnt work. It also once game me a System Files Corrupted message.

Is there anything I can do to get my HBC updated and Smash working again guys?

Thanks

danash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried it says update failed error -bucnh of numbers

also now i can't copy my miis over with mii installer.

it installs the first mii fine but than on the second it says error mii database full, hows that possible whats wrong?

danash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way i can fix this crap? perhaps updating to 3.3 and downgrading back?

my homebrew channel installer disc doesnt work any more in disc channel but i managed to dump to usb and install with usb loader

danash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone got any ideas?

Posts merged

help
frown.gif

danash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I load up my beta 7 HBC, it connects to the network, tells me theres an update to 1.0.1 available and asks me if I want to install.

I go ahead and click start, and it starts downloading the update.

After pressing 1 a few times so the installer starts it says.

Starting Update....
Fixing Up Signature....
Installing Ticket....
Error - 1040002011 Installing Ticket
Update Failed!

And then I'm still stuck with the crappy old version.

If there are no fixing could anyone copy the HBC over to their SD and perhaps send me a copy so I can copy over?

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
crazy idea maybe... but did/can you try installing hbc 1.01 with Twilight Princes?
(trying can never hurt)

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
unlpug all gamecube stuff from your system. Memory cards, controllers.

when loading my brothers wii with the HBC, i kept getting that error too...till i realized all taht crap was plugged in.

also, I've run into the odd time its the SD cards fault, try a different one.

danash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cool thanks ill check into that perhaps its my usb drive interfering with the install

also while i wait to get a copy of twilight

could this problem be because i removed hbc with any title deleter? Does it depend on IOS? Because my preloader is set to load system menu with ios 30.

Laos if I use cioscorp with my modchip would it fix this hbc issue?

thanks guys

danash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so far it didnt work , i tried install with the dol using the homebrew channel, it failed

tried installing through preloader and it failed.

could it be because there already is an HBC? What if i uninstall and then install through preloader.

im saying preloader because i dont have another method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1