Formating Memory Stick Question

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DSdonkey77, Feb 20, 2011.

Feb 20, 2011
  1. DSdonkey77
    OP

Member DSdonkey77 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi, I am expecting a acekard in the mail any day now so I got my memory stick all set up. I loaded it with games and plugins and music. It took me a couple hours to download all the files and I have deleted them. I have one problem though. when I formated my memory card used windows built in formatter. I have read that you are supposed to use a Panasonic formatter. Will my dstwo still work if it was just formatted by windows? Why do you have to use the Panasonic one? I didn't do a quick format, I did the long one if that matters at all. Anyway, do I have to do all that stuff over agin, or will it probably be okay if I just leave it?
    P.S. I'm using a 4gb Lexar class 2 microSDHC card.
    Thanks

2. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
  3. Etalon

Member Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Morocco
  4. Alex658

Member Alex658 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Venezuela
    -.-
    two exact same topic only with the word ''acekard'' and ''supercard'' switched.. :/
    Looks like we have a troll/post whore here..
    Anyway, to answer your question:

Yes it should work. I've formatted my mSD card which I use on my Original R4 with the windows formatter (at the time I didn't know about the panasonic one) and it works correctly.. if I ever have to reformat again I will use the panasonic one.. IIRC the MSD card association bought it and it became ''official'' but don't quote me on that.

5. Etalon

Member Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Morocco