Formating Memory Stick Question

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DSdonkey77, Feb 20, 2011.

1. DSdonkey77
    OP

DSdonkey77 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2011
    Canada
    The Peg
    Hi, I am expecting a acekard in the mail any day now so I got my memory stick all set up. I loaded it with games and plugins and music. It took me a couple hours to download all the files and I have deleted them. I have one problem though. when I formated my memory card used windows built in formatter. I have read that you are supposed to use a Panasonic formatter. Will my dstwo still work if it was just formatted by windows? Why do you have to use the Panasonic one? I didn't do a quick format, I did the long one if that matters at all. Anyway, do I have to do all that stuff over agin, or will it probably be okay if I just leave it?
    P.S. I'm using a 4gb Lexar class 2 microSDHC card.
    Thanks

2. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
  3. Etalon

Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Oct 18, 2010
    Macau
  4. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    -.-
    two exact same topic only with the word ''acekard'' and ''supercard'' switched.. :/
    Looks like we have a troll/post whore here..
    Anyway, to answer your question:

Yes it should work. I've formatted my mSD card which I use on my Original R4 with the windows formatter (at the time I didn't know about the panasonic one) and it works correctly.. if I ever have to reformat again I will use the panasonic one.. IIRC the MSD card association bought it and it became ''official'' but don't quote me on that.

5. Etalon

Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Oct 18, 2010
    Macau
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice